PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of a spoon steak? (Keep on topic)

Ashmont
03-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Had someone come into the store today asking for them... Did a little googleing and still cornfused..

Ash

landarc
03-31-2013, 12:07 AM
It appears to be part of the sirloin, called Top Sirloin Butt, I am going to go see if that is a real name per IMPS,

Yep, IMPS 184, boneless Top Sirloin Butt roast, can be sectioned into steaks.

JohnHB
03-31-2013, 12:09 AM
I've heard of Beard's spoon lamb - cooked around six hours until it is spoon tender. I attach a google recipe for beef - I haven't tried it. Just trying to help.
John
http://www.food.com/recipe/spoon-tender-round-steak-57983

westy
03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.

Skidder
03-31-2013, 04:47 AM
This is what I found online;
"Spoon roast, aka top butt, top sirloin butt, and center-cut roast, is top sirloin. This is the cut used for the roast beef sold in delicatessens". Apparently its a roast cooked so tender you can eat it with a spoon.
Yup thats what it's called up here in the northeast anyways. Very tender usually

savageford
03-31-2013, 05:59 AM
Spoon roast, very yummy!! Have not done one in a while but with the price of roast beef at the deli I have actually been thinking about doing one soon.

Ashmont
03-31-2013, 10:22 AM
I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

Hawg Father of Seoul
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
I see doing this in my future! The guy that came in says he cooks a cut steak of 8 mins either side and puts our steak butter on it. I will see when I buy it on what to do...

Thx

I typically cook both sides of the steak, but I'll try it this way. :thumb:

Ashmont
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
I typically cook both sides of the steak, but I'll try it this way. :thumb:

Not being mean but both sides (either side) was stated

CarolinaQue
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM
I cook spoon roasts quite often. I will cook no other cut for roast beef. I can see it being very good cut into steaks also. Think I'll be giving that a try this week.