PDA

View Full Version : Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy were BAD!!!

Smokin' D
03-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!

J-Rod
03-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Greenish?!:shock: Yeah that's not good, I don't think I would've even attempted to give a second sniff after being punched in the face the first time by the smell! Bummer man, throwing out food sucks, esp. when it's meat.

Garyclaw
03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Too bad. Green meat=:doh:

Crazy Harry
03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
grill it up for the dogs.

Q Junkie
03-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!

I don't know, green sounds about right for Dino Ribs

canis latrans
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
"got a feelin' inside...."

caliking
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. But meat is cheaper than a trip to the ER, so you did the right thing.