PDA

View Full Version : Ace not selling Wicked Good Anymore?

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
I just came from my local ace hardware. Where I was told that ace would not be carrying wicked good lump any longer. The store owner told me that ace is a kamado Joe dealer and that is what they are going to sell when the wicked good is all sold..

He also told me that the kamado joe brand lump is bagged by wicked good. Is there any truth to this. He told me it would be the same price.

Anyone else hear anything.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
02-26-2013, 07:29 PM
They still show it on acehardware.com with free shipping to store.

evilive69
02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
I ordered a bag tonight so it looks as though they still stock it.

Melrod59
02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I just checked the DoItBest website, and I see 20 lbs of Cowboy Natural Lump. I can't find Wicked Good Charcoal...

Neonnblack
02-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Weird they say its a KJ dealer, last time i went, all they had were GE's. I didnt know to look at lump back then, since i wasnt in the BBQ scene. I may go back and check it out.

shucker
02-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I may be wrong, but I think ACE Hardwares are locally owned. If thats the case, then some should be able to carry one product while others carry another. WGWW is definitely still on their website and my local ace has never carried that or any ceramic cookers.

Dallas Dan
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Same here. I've read Kamado Joe lump is produced by Wicked Good and is very good! My local Ace carries it as well but I can still order WG @ Acehardware.com and have it delivered free to the store. I plan to try KJ once I'm out of WG.

Melrod59
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry. I was mistaken. I was looking at DoItBest, not Ace Hardware. My bad. Wicked Good is still on the Ace Hardware website.

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM
I was told that they would sell it untill there distributors stock was gone. He said they still had 600 bags.

deepsouth
02-26-2013, 08:23 PM
ours has never sold it. they used to sell cowboy and now they sell something else.

i'm having huge problems finding decent lump around here. the RO from walmart doesn't have any pieces bigger than a tennis ball and most about the size of a golf ball or smaller.

nucornhusker
02-26-2013, 11:56 PM
I just came from my local ace hardware. Where I was told that ace would not be carrying wicked good lump any longer. The store owner told me that ace is a kamado Joe dealer and that is what they are going to sell when the wicked good is all sold..

He also told me that the kamado joe brand lump is bagged by wicked good. Is there any truth to this. He told me it would be the same price.

Anyone else hear anything.KJ has a North American blend and South American blend. I would guess the SA blend is like WGWW.

I personally really like their NA blend better than WGWW. The printing on the bag is a little different between the two, and the bag material is different. The SA blend is pretty much the same bag material as WGWW.

DubfromGA
02-27-2013, 03:15 AM
I'm sorry. I was mistaken. I was looking at DoItBest, not Ace Hardware. My bad. Wicked Good is still on the Ace Hardware website.

Whew......scared me, bro.

I'm a big fan of WG.

Finished off a bag and started another last week.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/Dub007_photo/crossfit/20130218_221313_zps1d95521a.jpg

Melrod59
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Is Wicked Good Weekend Warrior really that good? Can I use it in my 22.5 inch WSM???

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
02-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Is Wicked Good Weekend Warrior really that good? Can I use it in my 22.5 inch WSM???

Yes and yes.

aawa
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM

I have used Kingsford blue bag, Royal Oak, and Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.

Wicked Good Weekend Warrior produces much less ash, can burner hotter, and burns longer than any of the charcoals I have used for grilling and smoking. What would normally take me 4 chimney's of Royal Oak to cook, I have used 1.5 chimneys of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior. You will pay more in the front end for Weekend Warrior but in the backend you will spend about the same as amount of money for it than Royal Oak, with longer cook times and more cooks with it.

bigbeef24
02-27-2013, 12:09 PM
My local Ace owner said he has so many people wanting wicked good that it is a no brainer to carry it. Might just be that store. I just started using it and I love it. The smoker is holding steady right now at 225.

ButtBurner
02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
well I hope this isnt the case.

I can get it from a store not far from my work but its $26/bag.

Now I have been ordering it from Ace. Hope I still can!!

Im not paying $26 for it.

I am stopping after work at GFS and am picking up a bag of thier lump.

See how I like that, the price is a lot better.

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
It wasn't my intention to start any fires. This is what the owner of my local ace told me when I picked up my Kamado Joe last night. I also got my first bag of wgww which i had asked him to get me.

If KJ is made by wgww and he is going to give it to me at the same price I don't really care.

I did my first cook tonight on the KJ, with the wgww. I am a very happy bbq fan tonight. The cook was a simple 1 do to the heavy rains we've had here since last night. Pork chops, nice fat juicy chops.

Great site thanks brethren.

schmitty28
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
you've convinced me to try it again, good arguments, tried it once couldn't tell the difference about the heat and burn times but will give it another go