PDA

View Full Version : burnt ends brisket prep help

bigbook
02-20-2013, 06:34 AM
help me outr burnt end prep show me please or send me to the right post bn once i cut it off the brisket and cube it what is the prefered way to treat them ??? thanks :blabla:

cpw
02-20-2013, 07:20 AM
I like to cube them, toss them with some sauce and a little rub in a foil pan, then back on the smoker for another hour or so, until the get all nice and caramelized.

smokemaster1
02-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Here's a good post.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140808

jmoney7269
02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Cook the brisket till it probes like buttah no foil, slice. The ends of the flat will be charred a little. Cube them up and eat em. Anything else is cubed and sauced brisket!
This video from Franklin is pretty informative.
BBQ with Franklin: The Payoff - YouTube

Smoking Westy
02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
So here is a method that worked for me, not sure if anyone else has done it this way or not...

The last brisket I did, I ran out of time to finish the burnt ends so I cubed up the point and stuck it back in the fridge overnight. The following evening I tossed the point into one of my cast iron pans, set the oven to 250 and let it slow cook for another hour. After about 40 minutes or so, I added some sauce to the point cubes and let it caramelize a bit before serving.

The burnt ends were incredibly tender and delicious!

JS-TX
02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't have the willpower to hold onto the point and turn it into burnt ends - with the caramelized sauce and all.. :oops:

Well that and I usually end up serving the whole thing to our guests..:thumb:

Bludawg
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Why would you want to fark up the best part of the cow:der: