PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Used Char-Griller Akorn

benniesdad
02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
I see Green Eggs, KJs, Primos and other assorted kamado cookers listed on CL all the time in my area but I am getting the feeling that I stand a better chance of stumbling across Jimmy Hoffa that I do of finding a used Char-Griller Akorn. Guess this is a pretty good indicator that people are happy with them. Are others seeing the same trend in your neck of the woods?

Flat_Rate
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll sell you mine, I should have just bought a performer, what area you in?

benniesdad
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I am located on the south side of Metro Atlanta. If you were closer I would jump on it in a minute. There is probably a used Performer for sale once a week on CL here, but never an Akorn.

Grabnabber
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Akorns are still pretty new to the market. Give it time, they will show up. :mrgreen:

fmm1
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
You aren't getting anywhere near mine unless you come over for dinner!

Trumpstylz
02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Akorns are still pretty new to the market. Give it time, they will show up. :mrgreen:

Yeah, they're too new- only a year or two old. You probably won't find a used PBC for that matter (at the moment). Give it time.

Birdie
02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
You aren't getting anywhere near mine unless you come over for dinner!
Same goes for mine.:tongue:
Like others said maybe to new for any to show up.

DLR
02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I'll sell you mine, I should have just bought a performer, what area you in?

Why you selling it and also curious as to how much?

Flat_Rate
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Why you selling it and also curious as to how much?

I like the Akorn don't get me wrong, it's just I was on the fence about it and I really don't use it for anything other than steaks. Like I said I should have just bought a OTG or a Performer.

peaspurple
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
They are great cookers at a great price. You may have a hard time finding one.

benniesdad
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I like the Akorn don't get me wrong, it's just I was on the fence about it and I really don't use it for anything other than steaks. Like I said I should have just bought a OTG or a Performer.

Steaks are the main reason I am looking for one. That is also the reason I really don't want to spend that much for a new one just to cook steaks. I love my kettles and all the things I can do with them, my Performer in particular, but their weakness is not being able to reach the high temps of the kamados. But I hear ya.

AustinKnight
02-18-2013, 09:44 PM
I won't be selling mine either, It makes the best steaks,chicken and it's a insulated smoker. I do pizza on it then anything else there farkin great:becky:

Hankdad1
02-18-2013, 10:13 PM
I noticed one in my area on craigslist for the 1st time this week.

I've had mine for almost a year now. Since then I haven't touched my WSM, have only used my Performer for cold smoking, and maybe used my gasser 3-4 times for it's skillet burner or to oven cook some bacon.

gigantor
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
$299 at Lowe's....treat yourself to a brand spankin' new Akorn, you deserve it.

chriscw81
02-18-2013, 11:55 PM
you can have mine, when you pry it out of my cold dead hands :mrgreen:

seriously, it's gonna be a while before they start popping up on CL....

DubfromGA
02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
They'll show up once folks burn up the seals from ultra high temp steak cooks.

My Akorn has been the best money I've ever spent on any grill........ever.

hcj3rd
02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
+1 on the Acorn. Best money I have spent in a while. I just love mine.