PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Lang 48 or comparable?

HuskerMan
02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
How did you like it? Is the increased fuel consumption noticeable? Would you go bigger if you had the chance?

Originally had my sites set on building myself a large trailer cooker(actually already have most of the materials for build a 66"x30" cooker). Here lately though I haven't been wondering if a smaller cooker wouldn't maybe suit me better? The majority of my cooking is pretty much for family/friends with maybe a graduation party or two. I have a UDS and pellet smoker for any overflow or if I decide to enter a competition or two. Just not sure if a larger smoker wouldn't be overkill for the type of cooking I do the majority of the time. If I were to ever get into the catering/vending business I would have to get a government approved smoker anyways.

BBQ Bandit
02-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the question...

My first Lang was a Lang 48... a beauty of a smoker. Will hold 12 butts easily.
However will seem to shrink from constant use... always found myself running out of room. ;)

Upgraded to a Lang 60 mobile and added a full width second shelf... filled it with 24 butts.
Still ran out of room.

Now running a Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen... and will quit if I run out of room on that.
[Disclaimer - upgraded twice due to helping with OBR/Charity/Churches/Troop cooks.]

A 48 patio is a great backyard cooker ready to answer the call for parties and family... just feed it BBQ and wood - all will be well!