PDA

View Full Version : Stok tower grill

Puckstopper
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Just ordered a new stok tower grill. Liked the height and the built in charcoal chimney plus the cast iron grate with different accesories. Anyone have one or use one?

colonel00
02-09-2013, 12:50 PM
I have one, still in the box in the garage :tsk: I bought it for $50 a couple years ago when Home Depot had them on clearance. Mostly wanted it for the CI grate that I put on my Weber. I didn't even know Stok was still around as I have seen HD and Cabela's stop carrying their stuff. Anyway, from what I recall, there are a few people on here that have/had them and were pretty happy with their performance.

SmokeWatcher
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Got one on sale last year just for the CI grate, but I decided to keep it whole. The ash catcher can't be completely closed off, so whatever coals are running will burn up. Overall a decent grill.

HogFan
02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
I have a Stock tower. Fairly good but could be better. On the ash canister and on the main lid screws go into plastic and can easily be stripped. Also, when the plastic ages it cracks when the screws are tightened. As porerviously mentioned, the ash canister doesn't have a tight fit so the air can't be controlled as well as you would like and the "ears" can bend.

Today at Cabelas I looked at the new Stock tripod style with wheels (not a tower) that is similar to a Weber gold. It appeared they addressed all the issues mentioned above! Ash canister tight, air vent on lid nice and tight, screws not in plastic, etc. Its a nice grill!

They also had a Stock with table similar to a Weber performer. It was nice but the lid had permanent, punched air vent slits that can't be adjusted.