PDA

View Full Version : Butch's Lip Smacking BBQ - DVD and Cookbook

MeatyOakerSmoker
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone have any feedback on either?

IamMadMan
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Anyone have any feedback on either?

I have the book, It starts out with a history of Butch, and covers his winning throwdown with Bobby Flay. It then goes into recipes, not just for the smoker, but salads, sausage, and luncheon meats. The last 8 pages covers the over 500 national awards he and his team have won with pictures.

I have cooked and have helped make sausage with Butch and his family. I find the collection of simple to medium difficulty recipes from his family and they cover a diverse range. They are also very good, and I use them from time to time to supplement meals and picnics for a change of items. Everything from, soup, salads, pickled eggs, meatloaf, deserts, and cooking on the smoker.

Butch was a great guy always willing to help his opponents at cook-offs when something was broke or out of supplies, just so they could be at their best when they compete against him.

I'll check out the DVD and let you know, but the book is a great collection of recipes and very basic techniques in smoking.

It is hard in life to find such a great friend as he was, but sadly, it is even harder to have lost such a friend.

I still use his sauce in 5 gallon buckets, but it is also available in gallons jugs and in 12 ounce bottles.

MeatyOakerSmoker
02-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Ah don't worry about it. I'll just buy them both to help Lynne out because she seems pretty nice.

Thanks for your reply!

IamMadMan
02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Ah don't worry about it. I'll just buy them both to help Lynne out because she seems pretty nice.

Thanks for your reply!

Lynne and her family are wonderful people.....