PDA

View Full Version : belated whats cooking

BBQchef33
01-17-2006, 01:40 AM
last week..

messed up.. rubbed a brisket and pork roast on Wednesday and planning to cook it Wednesday afternoon.. then work got in the way till Friday. so they sat rubbed for 2 days.... finally got them in...

had a few fatties i never saw before.. Jimmy Dean..."BOLD COUNTRY"..

Well they were.. we didn't like them, same as regular, just heavily seasoned.. even the plain was to hot for the family.. the hot made them gaga.... still have a some left, which is very unusual.

the roast was a bone in pork loin.. brought it to 160 and sliced,, pretty good.. big fat chops once sliced between the bone.. but next time i bring it to 165-170 and foil it... it was good, but i thing id like it better falling apart.

Brisket.. what can i say?? .. its gone in 60 seconds.. 6 lb flat.. :)

and the pics of the temperature gauge and the fire.. ??? i took that for when members ask whats the advantage of a klose pit... it was raining and in the high 30's...once the steel got hot... that 250 degrees is stuck.... it shows what a half inch steel firebox can do with a fire the size of your fist. The BYC locked in at 225-250 and needed a few small chunks every hour. The pic is just before i added a couple of chunks.

Neil
01-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Phil, that bone-in pork loin looks fantastick and the fist sized fire keeping the pit at 250 with an ambient temp of 30 is unbelievable. In the bandera, a fire that size with those outside temps would put the pit temp at about 100!!

Brauma
01-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Awesome looking chops Poobah. Now I know what I want for breakfast.

Ron_L
01-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Great looking eats, Phil! I tried the JD Bold fatties and really didn't care for them, either. the seriously hot is too hot for most people, and the Country is just over spiced.

Bill-Chicago
01-17-2006, 09:19 AM
pretty funny how the Bold somehow is available in 16oz and the regulars you have a hard time getting over the 12oz'ers.

Farkers

BBQchef33
01-17-2006, 09:23 AM
costco is sellin huge regulars now, 2 or 3#. The one place that sold the 12 ounce ones replaced them with the Bold ones...

think i like the Parks ones better anyway(and Jones to).. they are a fine ground instead of the corse ground of the JD.

tommykendall
01-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Nice looking eats Mary

CharlieBeasley
01-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Was going to wait until I got the smoker out of the truck and got a picture but next time!

Short story My dad died early this year (went in his sleep, it was for the best, and good for Mom as she was waring out) and I was left his Bandera I boughthim for Fathers day 8-10 years ago from Home Depot. We only cooked on it twice as it was at a country house and I was in the milatary and then working to hard but here is number three!

Thanks to all on this board who have provided help in times, injections, rubs. A special thanks to Dr. BBQ thanks Ray I used the rub and sauce recipe out of your book. Makes me talk funny it was great!

Here is a brisket and Pork Sholder I smoked in my Dads (If No Picture I need Help well even if but that is a different thread)

backyardchef
01-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Looking good! But, if you come here looking for help, you're in deep trouble. Talk about inmates running the asylum....lol. :evil:

Yakfishingfool
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Killing me phil. Working on some plans ;) Scott

Sawdustguy
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Wow.....Great looking, and I am sure tasting BBQ guys.

BBQ_MAFIA
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Great looking eats. Gotta get me a Klose!