PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for trimmed meat from spare ribs

jgarcia
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I trimmed some spare ribs and was looking for ideas on what else I could do with the meet and rib tips that I trimmed off of some spares. It is the meat on the right in the picture. I usually cook those with the ribs but this time I just saved them for another time.

caseydog
01-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I smoke them with the ribs, pull them early, and chop them up to cook into beans. They finish cooking in the beans, and add a nice porky, smokey flavor to the beans.

If I have a lot of rib-tip meat, I vacuum seal the smoked tips an freeze them to make more beans later. I can make a nice meal out of those beans and some rice.

CD

Bbq Bubba
01-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Beans.
If you dont have any, make some.
Best beans ever.

Bbq Bubba
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
i smoke them with the ribs, pull them early, and chop them up to cook into beans. They finish cooking in the beans, and add a nice porky, smokey flavor to the beans.

Cd

beans.
Best beans ever.

jinx.

hamiltont
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
I cook 'em & eat 'em. Actually almost prefer the tips over the bones... They work good in baked beans too. The diaphragm makes a great cook's treat while the ribs are cookin'. I don't see that on the pan?? Cheers!!!

hamiltont
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I smoke them with the ribs, Pull them early, and chop them up to cook into beans. They finish cooking in the beans, and add a nice porky, smokey flavor to the beans.

If I have a lot of rib-tip meat, I vacuum seal the smoked tips an freeze them to make more beans later. I can make a nice meal out of those beans and some rice.

CD

Beans.
Best beans ever.

I cook 'em & eat 'em. Actually almost prefer the tips over the bones... They work good in baked beans too. The diaphragm makes a great cook's treat while the ribs are cookin'. I don't see that on the pan?? Cheers!!!

Double jinx.:clap:

jgarcia
01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Beans it is. Thanks for the input.

Smoothsmoke
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Smoke them at the same time as the ribs, eat em or mix in with beans. Or chop up and mix in with your smoked mac n cheese.

Freddy j
01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
I saw a brethren post that he grinds them up and food saver freezes them by the pound for later use with meatloaf, meatballs, whatever. Another great idea.

J-Rod
01-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Ha funny I just bought an untrimmed rack today with the same intentions! I thought of using the "leftover" meat trimmings for another dish as well, and price per pound they were $1.50 lb cheaper than St. Louis cut. So I got more meat fo less dough!

What about CHILI???! I think thats what's to become of mine!

BobM
01-24-2013, 05:03 PM
I save the tips from a couple of racks and cook them on another day. My wife likes the tips better than the ribs.

Sent from my Android phone.

kds9547
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I smoke them for a little while and then cook them in rice with some onions and a little salt and pepper. Call it rib rice. never had any complaints.

aawa
01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
I save them and then make a filipino soup called Sinigang with them. I have also just smoked them up with the ribs and have eatten them as is.

Goddahavit
01-24-2013, 06:22 PM
cut them up and vac seal, goes into sauce when my wife makes it.. or gravy as she calls it lol

gtr
01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
I use rib meat to grind and make sausage, or I'll use it in chili.

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
As long as it gonna be beans then, use them to put the hog in Keri C.s Hog Apple Beans.