PDA

View Full Version : Difference between these 2 Weber One Touch Gold models?

yesitsmario
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Amazon.com: Weber 751001 Gold One-Touch 22-1/2-Inch Kettle Grill, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden

and

Amazon.com: Weber 1351001 One-Touch Gold Kettle Grill, 22-Inch, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon says the second one is a newer model, but they still sell the old one. Which one is better?

Callahan-que
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
They are made the same neither is better than the other. The newer one has grey colored handles, the older one has white. The newer one the ash catcher is unpainted aluminun, the older one is black.

yesitsmario
01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
They are made the same neither is better than the other. The newer one has grey colored handles, the older one has white. The newer one the ash catcher is unpainted aluminun, the older one is black.

Well that's good, I thought the older model might be made better. I like that the newer model comes with the temperature gauge on the lid and you can hang tongs, brushes, etc on the handles.

Foxfire
01-24-2013, 12:34 AM
I think the different model numbers are there because one is resold by Amazon and one is direct from Weber via the Amazon website. No difference in the actual grills other than one was probably manufactured in a different calendar year so has a different date code. Mechanically I haven't heard that Weber upgraded the OTG in any way. Amazon probably just has units manufactured last year still in their warehouse.

nucornhusker
01-24-2013, 12:35 AM
The new model has a dome thermometer and the gray handles on the side have tool hangers built in now. They are nice upgrades.

Callahan-que
01-24-2013, 12:35 AM
I didn't see the thermometer on the newer one, I missed that.

nucornhusker
01-24-2013, 12:38 AM
The fourth picture shows the tool hangers.

Trumpstylz
01-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Just when you thought they couldn't improve it. Seriously, ive been saying they should add thermometers to the otg for years.

I do like the old black ash catcher though.

G$
01-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Just when you thought they couldn't improve it. Seriously, ive been saying they should add thermometers to the otg for years.

:grin:

It was called the MasterTouch, the best weber grill ever made. :caked: