PDA

View Full Version : Small victoy

lastmajordude
01-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Last few attempts on my kettle have been less than desirable. Has been raining on and off since Christmas. So I decided to "damn the rain" and fire up the Jambo. Had a 8# Boston Butt....rubbed it down with SM, yardbird, garlic, brown sugar and all the normal's. Started building my fire in the left hand corner of the fire box with shorter sticks as I had read about. Every time the temp hit 250 I put a stick on. When the IT hit 165 I foiled and put back on....at 195 IT I took off and rested in the oven. When it came to pull pork time....well....to describe it imagine some buddies sitting around TRYING to heap praise on you but their mouth was so full of pork all you could hear was garble and moans of joy......Thanks guys and gals on here for all the tips, instruction, patience, humor and all else. Best pulled pork I have had anywhere in many years.....

PatAttack
01-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a winner to me!

Militant83
01-13-2013, 10:09 AM
The rule of any forum is it didnt happen if there are no pics...:-P.. sounds like it worked well for you.

lastmajordude
01-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Militant I will take that into consideration....have never tried to post pics on here.....any suggestions to make it easy as I have seen several brethren mention the difficulty in doing so.......

Militant83
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Militant I will take that into consideration....have never tried to post pics on here.....any suggestions to make it easy as I have seen several brethren mention the difficulty in doing so.......

Im just giving you a hard time... the easiest way is to upload your photos to photobucket or a similar site and then all you have to do is copy ad paste the image code into your post or you can hit the insert photo button in the message controls and enter the HTTP link from your photo hosting site. I prefer photobucket and using the image code.

lastmajordude
01-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Thank you! I would have been PROUD to show that pig!!!

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
01-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Pics or not, it sounds like a good time for all. Nice work!