PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Awards Dinner

slat
01-04-2006, 05:04 PM
How many Brothers will be attending the awards dinner in Kansas City? I am considering going. I have to work out a few details first.

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm still planning on going but have yet to send in my $$$. I think Monday is the deadline for that.

MoKanMeathead
01-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I will be there - received my ticket a few weeks ago. Bring cash for the Kookers Kare and KCBS raffles - lots of stuff to raffle off.

mod note: Changed your spelling from "Lookers" to "Kookers" It was right for a hijack

drbbq
01-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I've got a ticket and a plane ticket, but I might have to change my plans.

Jeff_in_KC
01-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I've got a ticket and a plane ticket, but I might have to change my plans.

Hey Ray... how are things looking? You gonna make it here? If so, can I bring my copy of your book for a signature? :?:

drbbq
01-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I'm coming. I'll be at the Clarion all weekend and I'll be happy to sign your book, or anyone elses. Look for me at the bar Friday night and at the banquet. Probably a little happy hour before the banquet too.
See you there.

Jeff_in_KC
01-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi Jeff,
Yes, I'm coming. I'll be at the Clarion all weekend and I'll be happy to sign your book, or anyone elses. Look for me at the bar Friday night and at the banquet. Probably a little happy hour before the banquet too.
See you there.

Wish I could be there Friday night too but I have to be out of town Thursday through mid-day Saturday. But I'll definitely catch up with you on Saturday evening.

Jeff_in_KC
01-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Woo Hoo! Just a couple of hours to go! I'll try to post pictures either late tonight or tomorrow sometime!

Jeff_in_KC
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Just got home from the event... quite a lot of fun and some HUGE names in BBQ were there. Our table was front row right by the stage. Food wasn't the best (I scored the chicken a 3-4-3) but the event itself was fun. They had raffles for a ton of door prizes and also about 50 contests across the country donated free entries. I didn't win a damned thing but Brother Wayne won a massage at a day spa (open invite to whip him some chit! LOL), BBQ sauce and an entry into a contest in North Carolina I believe. Got a few photos but didn't have many photo ops. Ray signed my book (Thanks Doc!) and my wife got a photo of us. Then after it was over, we got a Brethren photo... Ray, Rod, Wayne and myself. Ulcer Acres was there too but I didn't get meet Randy. I got to meet several names associated with Q and the KCBS, including Ed Roith who will be teaching the CBJ class I'm doing next weekend in St. Louis.

Anyway, I'm beat as hell so I won't be uploading any photos tonight... I'll take care of that tomorrow in this thread but it was a fun time and if any of you get a chance to be here next year, I would recommend it.

Oh yeah, and I got a chance to do a little campaigning for you too Phil! One un-named candidate said on his card he had distributed on tables that he was a candidate for the "KSBC" Board of directors. It got a few chuckles at our table! Wish I would have known that campaign business cards were being distributed before I attended and I would have gotten with you to send some to me, Phil. We'll know next time...

G'night Bros!