PDA

View Full Version : Need to apologize

Skidder
01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Yup I was wrong and I admit it now. I had a horrible day (no excuse) but I'm man enough to know when I'm wrong and will never ever not say I'm wrong when I am. Not afraid to man up! I went on a bit of a rant attacking Pugis mole recipe post as being non bbq related and because of my crappy day I took it out on his post and now regret it. Then I went back through posts I started and noticed I posted one about making Cowgirls corn cob jelly which is the same thing I was complaining about (non bbq). Guilty as charged! Even though later it was used as a glaze it wasn't mentioned in that post. So my apologies to Pugi,the moderators and anyone who was offended. Thanks for listening I hope you all accept it. I ain't a bad guy I'm a good guy that was wrong.

Boshizzle
01-01-2013, 01:07 PM
It happens, not to me, of course, but I hear that kind of thing happens from time to time. We are all brethren here. You are forgiven.

Freddy j
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
The corn Cobb jelly sounds interesting would have prob missed it of I didn't read this thread :p

Harbormaster
01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
This pretty much describes all of us:I ain't a bad guy. I'm a good guy that was wrong.
And you proved it by apologizing.

Skidder
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys I was wrong but like I said I have absolutely no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

cowgirl
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I miss everything... have no idea about the mole fuss but I do know that you are a good guy Bob. Great of you to post an apology! :cool:

Now I'm hungry for a biscuit and corn cob jelly. :doh: :becky:

chicagokp
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
No worries bro!

jrn
01-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Does this apology come with bbq sauce? If not, it doesn't belong in Qtalk!

Sorry I couldn't resist! :-D
Just kidding.

Skidder
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Does this apology come with bbq sauce? If not, it doesn't belong in Qtalk!

Sorry I couldn't resist! :-D
Just kidding.

Shoot ya got me on that one! Dang it!

cowgirl
01-01-2013, 02:09 PM
The corn Cobb jelly sounds interesting would have prob missed it of I didn't read this thread :p

Here's a link on some corn cob jelly. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144194

It has a hint of honey flavor. :)

Pugi
01-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Skidder,

Matthew 18:21-22 NIV

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

You were already forgiven! Pugi

Skidder
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Skidder,

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

You were already forgiven! Pugi

Thanks. I ain't much of a spiritual man though I do respect that! Though I will say I'm a man and when a man is wrong a man admits it. My daddy taught me that. Anyways thanks BRO!

Bigdog
01-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I ain't much of a spiritual man though I do respect that! Though I will say I'm a man and when a man is wrong a man admits it. My daddy taught me that. Anyways thanks BRO!

It takes a big man to admit he's wrong. Gone on ya Bro! :thumb:

Sillius Sodus
01-01-2013, 02:59 PM

A little off topic, and having noting to do with BBQ, this is an interesting parable...simply because of how the rest of what you left off/out goes.

The servant's debt is canceled. Not made into payments, or put off until some time later, but canceled. (v 27) Later, when the servant doesn't do the exact same thimg to someone that owes him some money, the Master calls the servant back in and then puts him in jail to be "tortured" until he now repays the debt that had been previously canceled.(v 32-34)

Hmmm...

Bigdog
01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
A little off topic, and having noting to do with BBQ, this is an interesting parable...simply because of how the rest of what you left off/out goes.

The servant's debt is canceled. Not made into payments, or put off until some time later, but canceled. (v 27) Later, when the servant doesn't do the exact same thimg to someone that owes him some money, the Master calls the servant back in and then puts him in jail to be "tortured" until he now repays the debt that had been previously canceled.(v 32-34)

Hmmm...

Facinating. Kinda a pay it forward or suffer the consequences. I like it! :thumb:

Pugi
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM

Hmmm...

Don't forget the final verse in that parable,

Matthew 18:35 NIV

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

Like I said, he is forgiven. If he did it again tomorrow it will be the same thing, forgiven. I will not hold a grudge and I will not judge. As far as I'm concerned Skidder is welcome at my house anytime. Pugi

bigabyte
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
I have never met Skidder, but have never known him to be a bad person at all. We all make mistakes now and then. Pugi is shaping up to be a class act as well!:thumb:

Heck, someday I may even give this whole "bbq" thing a whirl! Until then...off to the woodpile I go!

Kathy's Smokin'
01-01-2013, 03:22 PM
This situation is one of the reasons we are a family. Proud to be part of it.

Sillius Sodus
01-01-2013, 03:24 PM

Never mind. I realize that this is somehow hijacking the thread and the original direction of the thread.

I would, however, love to discuss this idea elsewhere.

Skidder
01-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't forget the final verse in that parable,

Matthew 18:35 NIV

"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

Like I said, he is forgiven. If he did it again tomorrow it will be the same thing, forgiven. I will not hold a grudge and I will not judge. As far as I'm concerned Skidder is welcome at my house anytime. Pugi

A true BROTHER!

PatioDaddio
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks for owning it. That's far too rare these days, but it's certainly appreciated.

Good on ya!

John

Skidder
01-01-2013, 03:39 PM

Never mind. I realize that this is somehow hijacking the thread and the original direction of the thread.

I would, however, love to discuss this idea elsewhere.

PM me I'm here for anyone

Skidder
01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks for owning it. That's far too rare these days, but it's certainly appreciated.

Good on ya!

John

Thanks John right is right and wrong is wrong and this is nothing cause we all will be judged in the end and this is another quote from my daddy.

Skidder
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
This situation is one of the reasons we are a family. Proud to be part of it.

Yup I truly am sorry. I was wrong and just like family issues Pugi was kind enough to see that which touched me just like family.

LMAJ
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Your daddy was/is a smart guy Skidder - good stuff.

Skidder
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Your daddy was/is a smart guy Skidder - good stuff.

My daddy was an old school cop so if we didn't get it he beat it into us till we did. Not kidding either that cop belt was murder on my red monkey butt. We learned quick around my neck of the woods.