PDA

View Full Version : BBQ PitMasters from Amazon "UnBox"

The_Kapn
12-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Last year, the series went to Destination America channel.
For us, that is part of a $20+/month "Premium" package from Comcast and there is nothing else on there of any value to us. :twisted:
So, I missed the entire season 3 last year--OH WELL.

Then, someone here mentioned Amazon downloads and "Bang"--there it is for less than $2 per episode. Much less than a Comcast upgrade!

I have now caught up with Season 4 and have downloaded Season 3 (for $11 and change) which I am working through!
Good Stuff.

It is interesting to see the evolution of this series from Season 1 to now.
Do I think everything is "perfect" ? NO.

Do I think Season 3 and now Season 4 are good for BBQ in general--YES!
I could pick them apart on a lot of issues, but I prefer to look at the overall benefit, not the details.

What strikes me is the tremendous amount of real cooking information in Season 3 and 4 that can help/encourage a new comp team/backyard cook in their venture.
Do I think every tip/technique/procedure is the best or right way--NO!

Bottom line --I think this a a great asset to BBQ and I wish them the best for future seasons!!

JMHO

TIM

Happy Hapgood
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree. If you listen carefully both the judges and competitors make "bullet statements" thoughout the show that provide very interesting info that either prove of disprove my approach to good BBQ.

cowgirl
12-31-2012, 05:37 PM
I've not watched them Tim. I didn't know they were available online. Thanks for the info!

J'ville Grill
12-31-2012, 06:51 PM
I got all of season one from Amazon unbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk