PDA

View Full Version : Bar Bash, Long Island NY

BBQchef33
12-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Wed, DEC 27 7:30PM, Hooters, Islandia Exit 58.

Whos in?

I am. :mrgreen:

BobberQer
12-21-2005, 04:18 AM
not definately... but put me down as a possible ... I won't know until Monday If I can make it

Sawdustguy
12-21-2005, 05:56 AM
I will stop by.....Can't stay too late. Gotta catch the first flight to BWI Thursday morning from Islip. Wanna try to get home Thursday night.

smokeeater
12-21-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm out but will be there on 1/21

Pete
Hicksville

rbsnwngs
12-21-2005, 08:22 AM
first off wed is the 28th
second i will not be able to make it that night my better half is going out that night. baby sitting mod
third Pete what time will you be there today

BBQchef33
12-21-2005, 08:41 AM
ok, so seems wednesday is no good for too many.., how about tuesday?

Sawdustguy
12-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Better......

rbsnwngs
12-21-2005, 10:30 AM
works for me

BobberQer
12-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Same rules apply as wednesday for me

smokeeater
12-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I may be able to stop by for a couple, working the next day.

Pete
Hicksville

brdbbq
12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Invite some TEXAS Bros it will never happen then. :roll:

Bill-Chicago
12-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Invite some TEXAS Bros it will never happen then. :roll:

But you'll talk about it for 10 pages.

ggeilman
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Think maybe if I bought a case of Shiner?

brdbbq
12-21-2005, 01:42 PM
But you'll talk about it for 10 pages.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. If we include Aunt Flo 20 to 25 pages.

MilitantSquatter
12-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm questionable for evenings next week. Just found out my my mother got scheduled for a procedure at the hospital on 12/27 that will have a 2-3 day stay.

I'm not sure if she will be able to have visitors that first evening or what visiting hrs would be. I may be able to get out to Islandia later on assuming some will still be hanging around for a while and not splitting too soon. If I can make it at all, I will be there....I'm off all week, so no curfew or early bed time for me.

I'm definitely in for the 1/21 date...that's a lock.

MilitantSquatter
12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Good News !! It looks like I will be able to make it on 12/27 after all.....I found out there will not be visiting allowed that first night....

BBQchef33
12-22-2005, 09:57 PM
ok.. so are we on for tues 12/27 7:30.. wheres smoker and brooklynQ.. u guys coming??

rbsnwngs
12-23-2005, 10:52 AM
i'm in for the 27th where are we going and what time

BBQchef33
12-23-2005, 12:22 PM
hooters at exit 58.. I will be there around 7 to get started. :)

rbsnwngs
12-23-2005, 06:31 PM
7:00 sounds good to me

racer_81
12-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with that. If we include Aunt Flo 20 to 25 pages.

Why have but one Aunt Flo?

I'm in a house with two Aunt Flo's......

BBQchef33
12-26-2005, 11:40 AM
OK...So who is in tomorrow night..

its a lock at hooters, exit 58, 7-730 tursday night... so far it looks like jus tme and WillyB and Vinny and Guy?? wheres Bq and Smoker?? Hellloooooooo

BobberQer
12-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I'll know in about 5 hours if I can make it... impatient, you are lmao :biggrin: what's Smokers address ... I'll go knock on his door later , bout dinner time ... will be driving by his house on way to party

BobberQer
12-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm in :biggrin:

Sawdustguy
12-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Good news Bob! I'm happy I'm finally gonna get to meet ya live and in person.

BobberQer
12-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Sawdust writes >>>I'm happy I'm finally gonna get to meet ya live and in person.<<<

It aint apretty site, I tell ya lol

Sawdustguy
12-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Guess I'll have to leave my glasses home.:biggrin:

rbsnwngs
12-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Wow
Thats It
Just Wow

BBQchef33
12-28-2005, 12:18 AM
we are at pauls house..

BQ has passed out on the couch... but... Im still alive..

I think WillyB violated me.. disguised as a hooters girl.

Someone hold me.:redface:

BobberQer
12-28-2005, 06:33 AM
so much for gettin up at 5am dog hates me, SO is yacking ,askin a zillion questions , what times does Hooters reopen ??

smokeeater
12-28-2005, 07:00 AM
It seems to me that I missed something real good. Now I am really looking forward to Jan. 21

Pete
Hicksville N.Y.

If you can't stand the heat, go get me a beer.

rbsnwngs
12-28-2005, 07:38 AM
It opens at 10am
i'll meet you at the back table

rbsnwngs
12-28-2005, 07:40 AM
oh ya forgot

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME"

Thanks for the good times Phil you are one heck of a host

MilitantSquatter
12-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Wow.. at lot happens in an hour when we all were leaving...

At 12 AM, I recall BQ saying something like " Don't worry Phil .. I'll drive Paul back to his house.. I only live an hour away"....

Will - Michele the waitress called. She wants to know why she found a piece of Twizzlers down her tanktop....

A few of my other favorite moments:

1)The first waitress saying to Phil -"Wait a minute..You're a BBQ... Chef ???"
2) Both waitresses trying to pronounce Brethren when reading the logo on the shirt (it was a decent first attempt).
3) Will telling Michelle - "Yeah... that's right.. I was looking at your a**

There were more, but I'll leave it open for the others to share their favorites

rbsnwngs
12-28-2005, 08:29 AM
bobberqeer sitting at the bar by himself for an hour

BBQchef33
12-28-2005, 08:52 AM
funniest moment...

1- As a warmup, I told the waitress it was Willy B's birthday and we needed all the waitreses to come and sing happy Birthday.. they came over, hoisted him onto a chair and gave him the hooters birthday song.. surround by hoooters girls.. he was a vey happy birthday boy.. :mrgreen:

BTW.. it was NOT his Birthday. :twisted:

2 - We are all standing around the table, waitress comes over to BS and refill. .. Willy B walks around and starts checkin out her overall rear view.. she kinda felt someone looking and turned around slowly... enuf time for Willy B to redirect his gaze to the TV...so she turns her attention back to us. Thats when Willy B redirects his gaze to her butt... hes giving me the eye to come check out her butt... hes lookin, staring, pointing, giving me the signals to "come look"... he even bent over to get a REAL CLOSE look.. had his head cocked sideways giving this tiny hiney a thOROUGH exam.. his mugg is about a foot from her rump . Waitress is right next to me and I say in her ear... TUEN AROUND REAL FAST. :mrgreen: She turns and theres Willy B.. trying to shoot back up and look non challent.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??:eek: :eek: :eek: she asks..

Willy B.. :tongue: :tongue: in a way only willy B can get away with.. shrugs his shoulders and says.. "I'm checking out your ass. " Like it was just a matter of fact, like its on the evening news. Her reaction..I forgot.. i think she said "and I thought he was doing something wrong :-? ".. and then ran to the other side of the restaurant.. I

surprising to me, we(they) drank more beers than had chicken wings. I go with my kids and weeat more wings than 6 men did.. but i think we lost track of the pitchers of beer.., and willy was drinking it out of a bucket. 8)

pics going up soon.

BobberQer
12-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I did sit at the bar for an hour. or so.. waitin and waitin and waitin... I repeatedly asked the waitresses if anyone at their tables was talking about BBQ, smokin ,cookking , etc etc ...everytime I was told no... this one little thing finally came up to me and said nope , no one is talkin bout cooking, but there's a bunch of loud guys in the coner talking about someone's birthday:eek: I look across the room to see Willy yellin BOBBERQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEERRRRRRRRRR... :biggrin: :biggrin:

will have to have a signal next time for new people to find regulars...

I missed the Will's face in da waitresses ass routine...:mad:

was a good, relaxin evening .. nice group

Smoker
12-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm glad all u guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it but sometimes life gets in the way. I didn't check the board last week and I picked up the flu bug and was down for the count the last 2 days.

BobberQer
12-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Will????....... disguised as a hooters waitress? :eek: I'm drinking a lot more the next time:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Solidkick
12-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for sharing the stories....sounds like a great time was had by all.....

Sledneck
12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks for making me feel welcome, had a great time

One of my faves of the evening was when Phil told the waitress she could be his "Pit Bitch"

Sawdustguy
12-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

barfly
12-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Glad you guys had a good time, bummed I missed it.. planning on making the 21st next month tho.. Same place?

barfly
12-28-2005, 05:45 PM
BTW Phil, not hijacking here but didn't I read you gave Will a clock??? I had him do some ribs and pork for the Christmas party at work last friday. Told him by 1:00... Friday morning comes, we're talking on the phone and I say something like the guys will love their lunch and Will goes "lunch?"... Somehow the boy got it into his head that it was for dinner... around 4:00..... This was at 10:30.. ribs had been on the fire 'bout 2 hrs by then... they turned out fine but I'm starting to worry about him, <grin>.
Oh well....

BobberQer
12-29-2005, 04:33 AM
Barfly writes >>>planning on making the 21st next month tho.. Same place?<<<

I'm hoping we move it around ... maybe a place in Western Suffolk/ Eastern Nassau, next time.. .. then into western Nassau/Queens or Brooklyn after that.... maybe next time meet at Tennesee Jacks in East Islip, as a suggestion...or ..........?????? any other sugesstions

rbsnwngs
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
we should meet once a month at a different BBQ location and then rate the food on the site. Guys from across the country could do this

Smoker
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
we should meet once a month at a different BBQ location and then rate the food on the site. Guys from across the country could do this

We would be hated by every bbq place on Long Island. We can party ANYTIME at my place.

BrooklynQ
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Barfly writes >>>planning on making the 21st next month tho.. Same place?<<<

I'm hoping we move it around ... maybe a place in Western Suffolk/ Eastern Nassau, next time.. .. then into western Nassau/Queens or Brooklyn after that.... maybe next time meet at Tennesee Jacks in East Islip, as a suggestion...or ..........?????? any other sugesstions

Yeah - 130 miles round trip with a buzz on is not the best way to travel.

We should do it at Poppa Ricks - We could take over the pits!

Sawdustguy
12-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Actually, not a bad idea Will. What does a New York Food critic know about real BBQ.

BobberQer
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Smoker writes >>>We would be hated by every bbq place on Long Island<<<

and probably banned for life.. but would be fun:biggrin:

BQ writes >>>We should do it at Poppa Ricks <<<

I'm a bit turned off by $15 a pound brisket

backyardchef
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Actually, not a bad idea Will. What does a New York Food critic know about real BBQ.

Enough to know that if you don't boil the ribs, they don't get tender. And don't be stingy with the Kraft's either........

BrooklynQ
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Smoker writes >>>We would be hated by every bbq place on Long Island<<<

and probably banned for life.. but would be fun:biggrin:

BQ writes >>>We should do it at Poppa Ricks <<<

I'm a bit turned off by $15 a pound brisket

I told him I was a CBJ and he fed me for free. That may be the hook, we show up at the BBQ places as an inspection team from the BBQ-Brethren and let them feed us. I'd be willing to bet that we could pull it off.

rbsnwngs
12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
We would be hated by every bbq place on Long Island. We can party ANYTIME at my place.
we can always get take out

rbsnwngs
12-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd be willing to travel to some ok food

Smoker
12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
we can always get take out

Or THROWN OUT

BobberQer
12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I told him I was a CBJ and he fed me for free. That may be the hook, we show up at the BBQ places as an inspection team from the BBQ-Brethren and let them feed us. I'd be willing to bet that we could pull it off.

I'm liking the way BQ thinks :-D

only problem with Poppa's is... which police agency, Nassau or Suffolk, would cite us for drinking in public?

Sawdustguy
12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
It's in Woodbury so it is in Nassau County.

BobberQer
12-29-2005, 03:15 PM
hmmm there's something about the problems with Poppa Ricks that eminates from the fact that his property is in both Nassau and Suffolk County... while I was looking that up, I found theses place... never heard of em, but will give us a few more choice of places to go to..

1) http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/2003/09/hickorys_wood_f.html

2) ELDORADO SOUTHERN BBQ
Get your barbecue fix without driving to the ends of the Island. Pulled pork, slow-smoked brisket and tasty rib smackers are reason enough. $
1986 Middle Country Rd, Centereach, 631-588-7227
4837 Nesconset Hwy, Pt. Jefferson 631-473-8525

MilitantSquatter
12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I've been to Eldorado a few times when I used to live in Holbrook. It's more of a Tex-Mex place to me with burgers and all that extra stuff. Avg. food at best. It would be a hell of a ride out there for BQ.

Who would want to stand outside of Poppa Ricks ? I'd guess their not open late anyway. Smoker's place would be cool again if he's willing to host.

If we are sticking to the idea of a true bar bash, then maybe we need to eat first somewhere else (Q or not) and then go to a decent bar to BS and hang out.

Hooters is not bad for what it is - We got to hang out, have fun and it wasn't too noisy. If we meet regularly we can be like a Kiwanis club meeting once a month at a diner - That's scary !!

BrooklynQ
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
I've been to ELDORADO SOUTHERN BBQ. Agreed, average at best and way too far.

BobberQer
12-29-2005, 06:31 PM
BQ Writes >>>>I've been to ELDORADO SOUTHERN BBQ. Agreed, average at best and way too far. <<<<

militant writes >>>It would be a hell of a ride out there for BQ.<<<

Alright ... alritght :grin: :grin: :grin: dont shoot the messenger..:oops: :oops: :oops: lol just tossin around a place or two that I found in me travels.. Maybe we should put BQ in charge of pickin a place... :roll: :roll: I mean, ya know, he's a CBJ and all...maybe we can eat fir free lol

BBQchef33
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
ferget it.. he'd have us all driving into manahttan. :twisted:

i think..we decide the week before when we know who is comin.. then find something central.

BrooklynQ
12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Well Phil - is you ever went west, you'd find that there are actual BBQ places in Brooklyn. Hard to believe, but yes there are.

BBQchef33
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
yup... and theres good Jewish Delis in Rome too. :tongue: :roll: :mrgreen:

BrooklynQ
12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, if you're looking for bread.....

Smoker
12-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, if you're looking for bread.....

I'd go anywhere for more of that bread Rob. Also, I wonder if there are any jewish delis in Rome

Sawdustguy
12-29-2005, 10:34 PM
We are only gonna need 1 or 2 bar bashes before we can be outside again. If you guys wouldn't mind coming out to Manorville I would't mind hosting a Mini-Bash when the weather permits. I would love to use it as a practice Q session with you guys judging.

BobberQer
12-30-2005, 05:42 AM
Sawdust writes >>>I would love to use it as a practice Q session with you guys judging.<<<

great idea Sawdust you do the early season one and i'll do one later in the spring... would be like Que boot camps ... with everyone getting ready for the season, by have picky, disernable eaters at their house I'm in..:wink:

rbsnwngs
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
i'd drive to Brooklyn for some Q and bread but then i could only have a dozen or so beers

Sawdustguy
12-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Did I not mention that I would supply a copious amount of the fermented nectar of malted barley and hops? :cool:

rbsnwngs
12-30-2005, 09:24 AM
yes you did and i took note of that i was just saying that i would travel for some BBQ and bread.

Sawdustguy
12-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Will,

I knew I could count on you to notice.:biggrin:

MilitantSquatter
12-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Well BQ said there is BBQ outside of the Nassau border line. I think I found it today....

I was driving down Sunrise Highway near the Nassau County/Queens border. I happened to notice a "Bronx BBQ" on Sunrise Hwy. right near the Green Acres Mall and movie theatres (yeah..the infamous one with the gunfire/shootings)....

If anyone is daring enough to eat the food, let us know...

BrooklynQ
12-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Well Vinny - I've been there. Interesting place. Manager is a little chinese guy.

However, you will notice that I didn't say I ate there. I went in and got a table. I was perusing the menu, but was totally annoyed by the "music" It was standard ghetto rap with the f words flying every 45 seconds. I got up and left before the waitress came over. But judging from the menu, it's not a real BBQ joint. I'd stay away.

But if you're looking for BBQ places in Brooklyn, there's 4 worth trying out. First is Waterfront Ale House (http://www.waterfrontalehouse.com/) on Atlantic Avenue in Downtown(?), they compete as the Fuggehtaboutit team. Bar BQ (http://www.brooklynbarbq.com/) on 6th Ave and 20th St in Park Slope, Bubby's on Main St in DUMBO, Pioneer Bar-B-Q on Van Brunt in Red Hook and Pig'N Out on Henry Street in Brooklyn Heights. I've only been to Waterfront. I reviewed it on my blog (************************************/2005/04/restaurant-review-waterfront-ale-house.html#comments). I've heard good things about Bar BQ Pioneer and Pig'N Out.

Smoker
12-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Rob,

I would not have made it to my table.

Steve

Sawdustguy
12-31-2005, 02:38 AM
You could have knocked me over with a feather. I never dreamed there were so many BBQ places in Brooklyn. Got Northern Jersey beat. I have Clients in Northern Jersey and every time we shoot the breeze I bring up BBQ. They are dieing to try some authentic BBQ. Maybe I will take them into the city.

BobberQer
12-31-2005, 06:09 AM
BQ writes >>> Bubby's on Main St in DUMBO<<<<<

forgive my lack of updated ,geographical knowledge, but what's DUMBO??

backyardchef
12-31-2005, 07:32 AM
BQ writes >>> Bubby's on Main St in DUMBO<<<<<

forgive my lack of updated ,geographical knowledge, but what's DUMBO??

DUMBO is a small neighborhood in downtown brooklyn, not far from the brooklyn bridge and the name comes from being Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass. There're a fair number of artists and Jehova Witnesses that live there.

I didn't realize Bubby's is bbq-- I thought it was kind of a yuppie diner like the one in manhattan.

BrooklynQ
12-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure Matt. I heard from a couple of artsy types that it was BBQ, but according to city search it's more of a bakery. I got to check it out myself.

MilitantSquatter
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Phil - Will you still be posting some of the pics ?

BBQchef33
01-01-2006, 02:12 PM
yup, gotta resize them. Camera was set to 5MP. :cool:

Sawdustguy
01-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I can't wait to see what I missed.

Smoker
01-01-2006, 09:55 PM
I can't wait to see what I missed.

Will humping someone else besides me.

Sawdustguy
01-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I am definetly not looking forward to those photos. I just was interested in photos of the guys I have not met yet so I could put a name to a face. Will humping anything is not an image I care to view. Does he usually start humping something after a few beers?

cabo
01-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I am definetly not looking forward to those photos. I just was interested in photos of the guys I have not met yet so I could put a name to a face. Will humping anything is not an image I care to view. Does he usually start humping something after a few beers?

What goes on in the trailer, stays in the trailer:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

rbsnwngs
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
tequila was the cause of the infamous humping incident
beer makes me stare at the hooters girls arse

Sawdustguy
01-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Will,

I can't fault you for that. I can stare at them sober too. I guess we just have to keep you away from the tequila.

cabo
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Will,

I can't fault you for that. I can stare at them sober too. I guess we just have to keep you away from the tequila.

Hooters Girls here have car washes for one reason or another……..

I can tell you NO Tequila will not work…..Driving by, if you can, takes all the intestinal fortitude you can muster. But then you can always stop and get your car washed!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :rolleyes:

It may not be clean......but OH BABY:wink:

Sawdustguy
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Cabo,

It could be worse. Will seems to only want to hump Smoker. Hey, they are two consenting adults. Who am I to judge.

BrooklynQ
01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Guy - you don't know Will very well. He'll hump anything that stays still for 20 seconds. He's worse then that dog on Meet the Fockers. The Farker!

Smoker
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Cabo,

It could be worse. Will seems to only want to hump Smoker. Hey, they are two consenting adults. Who am I to judge.

Let me make this perfectly clear.....I never consented. I was attacked and it probably wasn't even legal in 22 states.

MilitantSquatter
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Like Las Vegas....

What Will did to Smoker in his yard, stays in his yard...

The flashbacks I'm get of that siight are keeping me up so late on a worknight.

rbsnwngs
01-09-2006, 12:14 PM
are we still on for the 21st of this month for another bar bash

smokeeater
01-09-2006, 12:37 PM
God I hope so.

Pete
Hicksville N.Y.

Smoker
01-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Thats a Saturday night. Works for me.

tommykendall
01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Still ain't seen any pictures - never happened. What happened there is staying there - traaaaiiiiilllleer.

brdbbq
01-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Still ain't seen any pictures - never happened. What happened there is staying there - traaaaiiiiilllleer.

.............http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/9.gif

Smoker
01-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Is the bar bash on for next week?

CharlieBeasley
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Sorry I just found out that is my weekend on call. Volunteer on the local Ambulance! Next time though!

smokeeater
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I hope so, same place right.

Pete
Hicksville N.Y.

Smoker
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Don't matter to me where we go. I won't be drinking alcohol so I can be a designated driver for anyone who drinks.

rbsnwngs
01-12-2006, 07:21 PM
stop by and pick me up

Bill-Chicago
01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Don't matter to me where we go. I won't be drinking alcohol so I can be a designated driver for anyone who drinks.

Dude, if smoke anything like your avatar, you don't need alcohol

iron lung mod

MilitantSquatter
01-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm in for 1/21. If it's Hooters again, fine by me, but if we want to go somewhere else that will work too. Maybe we'll find a place that's less of a ride for BQ.

BBQchef33
01-12-2006, 11:32 PM
WillyB, i can come get ya too. Or just get yourself there and we'll get ya back.

rbsnwngs
01-13-2006, 07:03 AM
just kidding about the ride guys but ty none the less.
There a place called Charlie Browns just off the parkway near 347 i think. I heard theses guys have really good beer and wing specials. Its a little closer for BQ family type place as well. Just a thought

Smoker
01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
The food is lousy there, but I'll go if that's what is chosen.

BrooklynQ
01-13-2006, 10:12 AM
How about the Bulldog grill in Amityville? It's on Main Street (Montauk Highway) just east of 110.

Sawdustguy
01-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Great idea. Rob and I have equidistant rides although I don't have to tangle with the Belt Parkway. It would be nice to keep it right in the middle of everyone.

BBQchef33
01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
ok here.... im in.

BobberQer
01-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Believe the Bulldog was just bought by Lessing family big catering concesioneers on the Island

BrooklynQ
01-13-2006, 11:13 AM
As far as I know they've owned it for years. We had my dad's 70th brithday party there 5 years ago, and they owned it then.

MilitantSquatter
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Bulldog Grill works for me....

Sawdustguy
01-13-2006, 08:43 PM
It's good for me.

Smoker
01-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey Phil,

Can u stop on the way and pick up the Hooters girls?

BBQchef33
01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
ok, but no guarentee I will make it to Bulldogs... or leave hooters...

rbsnwngs
01-14-2006, 05:58 AM
i'm in bulldog works for me

smokeeater
01-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Bulldod sounds good to me too.
I just have to find out where it is.

Pete
Hicksville N.Y.

BobberQer
01-14-2006, 06:56 AM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&cat=&address=292+Merrick+Rd.+&city=Amityville&state=NY&zipcode=

292 Merrick Road

It's East of Rt 110, just past Amityville HS, .. West of Bayview Ave (Sunoco Station) on north side of road

http://www.thebulldoggrille.com/html_files/welcome.htm

Smoker
01-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Im in.

BobberQer
01-14-2006, 09:41 AM
BQ writes>>there 5 years ago, and they owned it then.<<<

you're right Rob I was told about a different place

MilitantSquatter
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Are we shooting for for a 7:30 PM start time again or later ??

OK... and I also see on the menu from the link that BBQ Babybacks are $16.95... "slow cooked".... any takers ?

BBQchef33
01-16-2006, 09:15 PM
i'll bring my own ribs.. and charge them 8.95 to let me eat them ..

i think we should shoot for 7... most will arrive later anyway.

Sawdustguy
01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Your too modest Cheif, you should charge them more.:-D

tommykendall
01-17-2006, 07:29 PM
still ain't seen no stinkin' photos