PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg Style Sauce

Smoke Lover
11-01-2012, 12:19 AM
I am hoping you guys can help me out. I am looking for a good sauce recipe. I am hoping to get something really close to Prosser's BBQ Sauce(a restaurant and retailer of sauces in South Carolina). The style is classified as a "Williamsburg Style." Any help is much appreciated.
Smoke Lover

captndan
11-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't have a clue what 'Williamsburg style' is. As far as I know Williamsburg is in Virginia. That would suggest a tomato based sauce. I have eaten at Prosser's at Murrells inlet and it was OK. The sauce on the ribs tasted like Kraft Original with a little mustard . I don't know the demographics of the place but like Myrtle Beach it's a tourist trap. So, clean out the cupboard and creat Williamsburg Style sauce.

Smoke Lover
11-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Williamsburg style refers to the Scottish decendants that lived in Williamsburg County, South Carolina. They were known for their vinegar and pepper style sauce that has a hint of tomato to it. Just 1 that I have a preference for.
Thanks,
Smoke Lover

Garyclaw
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I bet it would taste Great in a OBR serving in the cold wind and rain with a warm cup o' joe.:grin:

1MoreFord
11-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Williamsburg style refers to the Scottish decendants that lived in Williamsburg County, South Carolina. They were known for their vinegar and pepper style sauce that has a hint of tomato to it. Just 1 that I have a preference for.
Thanks,
Smoke Lover

Sure does sound like some of the N. Carolina sauces ta me.:wink: