PDA

View Full Version : Texas Bird Bath

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Just got some in the mail yesterday and want to try it out on some chicken and possibly ribs. How are most people using it. With another sauce or stand alone? Is anyone using it on ribs?

RW
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Call me out of the loop, but what is it?

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I believe it would be classified as a glaze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluebird
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Going to look it up.

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
10-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Still looking for anyone that has used this before.

QTEX
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Very very sweet, great mouth feel from the bottle, puts a gorgeous shine on the bird. Good as a last minute finish imo as are all the TPJ products. What I find is the longer it is on the meat the less you can taste it at all, thats why I say last minute. Those products are all the rage in central Tx and the Houston areas. I like it and use it but in a blend. Like all things it depends where your cooking and if the judges in that area like it.

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
10-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitmaster T
10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
This is an excellent name. I was gonna use it for a Lilly Like baste I use when I flip the half chix that is made of olive oil and a certain portion of the Coconut oil Butter flavored Popcorn oil stuff. Damn!

Craig0648
10-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Used it on chicken and ribs with great success. like to incorporate it into my sauce and apply about 20 minutes before meat is done.

Will32Rod
10-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Very very sweet, great mouth feel from the bottle, puts a gorgeous shine on the bird. Good as a last minute finish imo as are all the TPJ products. What I find is the longer it is on the meat the less you can taste it at all, thats why I say last minute. Those products are all the rage in central Tx and the Houston areas. I like it and use it but in a blend. Like all things it depends where your cooking and if the judges in that area like it.

x2...I use TPJ products regularly, and this is a last minuate glaze. I do mix the jellies with BBQ sauce to create tatses for my liking.