PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest bbq style

slammmed
10-23-2012, 09:09 PM
So the wife and I are having an Oktoberfest pot luck and I'd really like to find a good smoked recipe. I'm doing beer brats in apples and sauerkraut but looking for something else that the good ole bbq can be fired up for. Any ideas?

Porcine Perfection
10-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Perhaps smoked pork chops?

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bludawg
10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Weiner schnitzel Do it up like KFC( kettle fried chicken) German tatoe salad, Some good German sausage with spicy mustard, Baby backs, Red cabbage vinegar slaw.

Deanr
10-24-2012, 07:40 AM
I really like country ribs with sauerkraut. Patio daddio has a recipe that is awsome. I think it is important to start with shoulder cut ribs and not loin cut.
Cook until the ribs fall off the bone and break apart. I think he refers to it as when the majic starts to happen.

NickTheGreat
10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
We've smoked German sausage before and it's excellent. I know it shouldn't matter, but it does.

And we were at a place this weekend in Minneapolis that made a Oktoberfest pizza. Sauerkraut, polish sausage (still tasty) provolone cheese . . .

Arlin_MacRae
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Perhaps smoked pork chops?

I did this last weekend for our annual Oktoberfest party. Thin, smoked pork chops either cut up or whole, served with lots of apple/onion sauerkraut. There wasn't much left.

GARNAAL
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130852

slammmed
10-24-2012, 02:15 PM
thanks everyone, i love the ribs and sauerkraut idea and think thats the way im going to go.

and O.m.g. garnaal that looks amazing!

PatioDaddio
10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I really like country ribs with sauerkraut. Patio daddio has a recipe that is awsome. I think it is important to start with shoulder cut ribs and not loin cut.
Cook until the ribs fall off the bone and break apart. I think he refers to it as when the majic starts to happen.

Thanks for the kind recommend, Dean.

John