PDA

View Full Version : Deal on 5 or 8 burner

BigBellyBBQ
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Anyone notice a deal on a 5 or 8 burner grill for vending / catering? The Sams club deal looks tough to beat...

chad
10-23-2012, 02:00 PM
The price is hard to beat. I've used one similar from a rental place. They cook real hot and other than turning the flame up/down there's not much wiggle room. But depending on what you are grilling you can flat turn out a bunch of food in a hurry.

TailGateJoecom
10-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Anyone notice a deal on a 5 or 8 burner grill for vending / catering? The Sams club deal looks tough to beat...

I can get 35-40% off on any of the Crown Verity (http://www.crownverity.com/) line. They cost a lot more than the Sams club stuff, but the quality is on another level. Every single piece of that grill aside from the rubber regulator hose is made from 304 stainless steel. I've had those Sam's club grills, not so great if you are cooking in the winter, which is what I do for football season. I was always able to get my grill up to 800 degrees no matter the outside temps. I had a Crown Verity mcb72 that I used to cook all last season for groups of between 250-350 for 4-5 hour all-you-can-eat parties and it worked out great.

Full disclosure, I don't work for them, I bought one last year and this year they are sponsoring my fan club/party and I get a discount for myself and friends/family.

Pyle's BBQ
10-24-2012, 01:11 AM
I would love to have one, but I am not that big yet.

TailGateJoecom
10-24-2012, 01:15 AM
I would love to have one, but I am not that big yet.

No worries, I started out on brinkmann tailgate grills, got to the point where I had like 4 of them going.

If you end up going with one of those sams club jobs without the dome, what i did with those is drilled and screwed handles onto the outside bottom of some deep hotel pans and used them as domes over the food. Not always needed in the summer/spring, but in cold weather it helps a bunch.

BigBellyBBQ
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I went to thier web site and it sure looks good....Do you have a contact? PM me if you would like....but I want to have it both ways, flash offf some ribs or burgers, or use as a steam table..Thanks, Pete

I can get 35-40% off on any of the Crown Verity (http://www.crownverity.com/) line. They cost a lot more than the Sams club stuff, but the quality is on another level. Every single piece of that grill aside from the rubber regulator hose is made from 304 stainless steel. I've had those Sam's club grills, not so great if you are cooking in the winter, which is what I do for football season. I was always able to get my grill up to 800 degrees no matter the outside temps. I had a Crown Verity mcb72 that I used to cook all last season for groups of between 250-350 for 4-5 hour all-you-can-eat parties and it worked out great.

Full disclosure, I don't work for them, I bought one last year and this year they are sponsoring my fan club/party and I get a discount for myself and friends/family.

TailGateJoecom
10-24-2012, 11:56 AM
I went to thier web site and it sure looks good....Do you have a contact? PM me if you would like....but I want to have it both ways, flash offf some ribs or burgers, or use as a steam table..Thanks, Pete

They do have a nice steam table kit to use with the grill. The domes just slide off with two pull pins. I haven't gotten the steam table kit yet though, I just put pans on the rack and turn off the burner underneath and use indirect heat and turn the grill into a holding oven. That is the great thing about the mcb72, it has 2 separate hoods so I can use one side as a holding oven and grill on the other side. l.

PM me your email address, I will pass it on to my contact who is the US sales rep. This way he will contact you and know to give you my discount.

BTW, i know it is sacrilege on this site, lol, and i usually use my WSM to smoke, but I used the crown verity smoker boxes and smoked 4 10lb butts last week on my mcb48, this is what they looked like:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/383541_10151270860106779_169663158_n.jpg

BigBellyBBQ
10-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Working around the pool house and checked the fridge..found beer and some porter house steaks..the weber is fired up..
However, if I can get a decent price on the better grill, it should outlast the cheaper version and if someone out there has something let me know..
Also, looking for a way to hold mac-cheese for vending.I have an Alto sham double , but cant take that on road...I also have singles but they are electric, any ideas out there?
Hey Joe, lets hook up for the game here in Buffalo and lets get some of the Brethren in town for the December / new years game..lets throw a kick behind event!

TailGateJoecom
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Working around the pool house and checked the fridge..found beer and some porter house steaks..the weber is fired up..
However, if I can get a decent price on the better grill, it should outlast the cheaper version and if someone out there has something let me know..
Also, looking for a way to hold mac-cheese for vending.I have an Alto sham double , but cant take that on road...I also have singles but they are electric, any ideas out there?
Hey Joe, lets hook up for the game here in Buffalo and lets get some of the Brethren in town for the December / new years game..lets throw a kick behind event!

I passed your info to my rep, he should be contacting you shortly.

As far as holding mac and cheese, i haven't done that, but I throw a few pans of chili into the oven, heat them to 190-200, then toss them in the cambro. They are still steaming 5 hours later. As far as serving, I use these electric waterpans, have 3-4 hooked up to my quiet honda generator.
Winware Electric Chafer Water Pan,Full Size: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

They are 88 bucks and only 450 watts, so easy to hook up to a small generator.

And yeah, I may haul my trailer up to Buffalo for the Jets/Bills game at the end of the season.

BigBellyBBQ
10-26-2012, 05:25 AM

And yeah, I may haul my trailer up to Buffalo for the Jets/Bills game at the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

If you do, I will take my main trailer we can have one hell of a blow out...the game should be either for first place.......OR last!!!!
If some of the Brethren want to join in, let me know as I am only 10 minutes from the stadium...I have a 10 by 20 tent that we can set up as base camp...do ribs or chicken...steaks..whatever!!