PDA

View Full Version : Lump & insulation

Hankdad1
10-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I opened a new bag of RO lump for a spatchcocked chicken today. Found a couple of small pieces of insulation when I poured it into the Akorn. Not the first time, won't be the last. My question is where does the insulation come from? Is it from the kilns they make the lump in, or---?

MisterChrister
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
It's actually not fiberglass insulation so no worries.....it's only armpit hair from the workers. Grill on!!!

Hankdad1
10-07-2012, 10:38 PM
It's actually not fiberglass insulation so no worries.....it's only armpit hair from the workers. Grill on!!!

Well, that would explain some of the smells I've been getting from RO lately.:shocked:

mbshop
10-07-2012, 11:32 PM
its known that lump might have "extras" in the bag. its found in differant brands. most will go through the lump before burning as i do. but i rarely find anything. those that go through more bags will find more.

IamMadMan
10-08-2012, 07:03 AM
As MisterChrister said in another thread.....

Every so often Royal Oak burns a plant down and shovels the whole works (buildings, machinery, insulation, foundation concrete and all) into bags for shipment to Walmart. I usually buy a few bags to support the cause......

Two factory fires this year... He may be on to something there - LOL

NickTheGreat
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I thought RO was perfect and all other brands had foreign material in it? :drama: