PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Bates County BBQ State Championship: Oct.26th & 27th

Exe-que-tioner
09-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Anyone planning on cooking this one in Butler, Mo. at the Bates County fairgrounds? I know they cancelled last year, but the year before looks like they had 60 plus teams.

RonsterQ
09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I am and it's my inaugural contest...twisted up in knots! Didn't want to wait till next year.
I do wish the website for it was up just to get a feel for it.

Exe-que-tioner
09-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I am and it's my inaugural contest...twisted up in knots! Didn't want to wait till next year.
I do wish the website for it was up just to get a feel for it.

RonsterQ....you will be hooked and there is no turning back after your inaugural contest! You will be glad you did it this year instead of waiting for next year.

I think I remember they did have a website, but doesn't look like they have one this year. E-mailed the contact person to find out how many teams are registered, but haven't heard back in over a week. Curious to know if they are going to have a good turn out like previous years.

Exe-que-tioner
10-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Got some info........as of last week looks like 20 to 25 teams are signed up. Two years ago they topped out at 60 plus teams two weeks prior to the contest. Anyone else in for this one?

lcbbq
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Los Cocineros BBQ will be there. Only contest I have found the time for this year. Has anyone heard how many entries they have so far?

RonsterQ
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Still wondering how many teams will be in this...did our practice run this last weekend and rarin' to go!

lcbbq
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I just spoke to the chamber of commerce and they have 41 teams entered so far. She also said there has been a handful of teams call today and say they were going to make it.

Exe-que-tioner
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I just spoke to the chamber of commerce and they have 41 teams entered so far. She also said there has been a handful of teams call today and say they were going to make it.

This is what I heard as well. Also heard that there are some pretty darn good teams signed up as well. Should be a good time!

RonsterQ
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I got confirmation call about an hour ago and she said 44 teams....we are stoked for our first event......We are "Well I'll be a Pig's Ass! BBQ Crew....say hey if you see me

Bubba
10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Flamingo Pig BBQ will be there Friday night

MoKanMeathead
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
The MoKan Meatheads will be there finishing up the year...look for the school bus and stop by. Bubba - will be good to see you and Robin again!

Hidoyle
10-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey BBQ Teams, This will be my 30th contest to earn my Masters. Let's have some great food so I can give you some great scores. Thanks for turning out to making this possible. :clap2:

Basted moral support guy
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey BBQ Teams, This will be my 30th contest to earn my Masters. Let's have some great food so I can give you some great scores. Thanks for turning out to making this possible. :clap2:

Doyle! I met you in Independence. It was good to talk with you. Congrats in advance on your master!