PDA

View Full Version : another newbie rib question...

pull_my_butt
09-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Hey folks,

Ok, so the St. Louse ribs are just the spare ribs with the tips cut off so the rack of ribs looks like a rectangle right? Essentially, they're just spare ribs then right?

Cheers.

El Ropo
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes, you can buy whole spares and trim them down yourself or buy them already trimmed.

Bob13
09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
This will help you out: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98483&highlight=louis

NorthwestBBQ
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
St Louis cut is spare ribs cut down.

Terry Hesticles
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Take away my man card all you want, but I've always bought pre-trimmed ribs. I don't have a meat grinder (though I'd love to invest in one), so what else is done with the trimmings?

To me, they look like delicious strips of meat that would finish cooking before the rack would, giving me a tasty treat while I wait on dinner to finish. Do they smoke well cut away from the slab?

criffaaa1
09-25-2012, 01:26 AM
To me, they look like delicious strips of meat that would finish cooking before the rack would, giving me a tasty treat while I wait on dinner to finish. Do they smoke well cut away from the slab?

I call em samplers, they give you an idea of what to expect ,and they can cook up just fine.

sent from my Crifftastic $3