PDA

View Full Version : Fatty Time....JD Sausage at Wally World

417bullelk
11-19-2005, 02:00 AM
2 for $4 - the 1 pounders.

I bought 2 hot, a sage, and a regular. Gotta go back to get more ASAP.

Neil
11-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up Bull. I picked up a 2#er at Sam's yesterday. I make some Q and an occasional Italian dish for my Chiropractor every few weeks and he is now hooked on the fatty phenomonon. Wifey and I get spinal adjustments when needed and he gets some good cooking in lieu of billing us!

Brauma
11-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks. Wifey is heading into town this morning tp pick up the salmon. I'll have her swing by WM on the way home.

WM also has the best price on 8 oclock coffe in my area. I like the 100% Columbian ground in the brown bag. I see Im low. Time to buy!

VitaminQ
11-19-2005, 09:11 AM
That 8 oclock coffee is good chit. Cook's Illustrated likes it, too. I've got a 2-lb fresh whole hog fatty in the fridge right now. It's going on tomorrow.

Ron_L
11-19-2005, 01:23 PM
That 8 oclock coffee is good chit.

OK... Let me see if I remember how to do this...

Got a shovel for that 8 O'Clock coffee? :grin:

Did I do that right, Brian? :wink:

Kevin
11-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Ronnel is a coffee eliteist. Pass it on.
Dang coffee roasters anyway. OK I'm jealous cause I don't know how.

Brauma
11-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah I'll give it up to Ron. He raosts a dam fine bean. But Im on a 8 oclock budget.

Its like this: should I pass up a daily slice because I may have a shot at a super model one day? Im gonna take that daily slice. Because its all good.

I'll say it again: 8 oclock coffee is good chit. Not the best, but its good chit.

brdbbq
11-20-2005, 10:59 AM
OK... Let me see if I remember how to do this...

Got a shovel for that 8 O'Clock coffee? :grin:

Did I do that right, Brian? :wink:

That or a Backhoe for Mutton and rice.

Ron_L
11-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah I'll give it up to Ron. He raosts a dam fine bean. But Im on a 8 oclock budget.

Its like this: should I pass up a daily slice because I may have a shot at a super model one day? Im gonna take that daily slice. Because its all good.

I'll say it again: 8 oclock coffee is good chit. Not the best, but its good chit.

I was just giving you a hard time, Mark... There's nothing wrong with 8 O'Clock... Now Folgers, that's another story! :rolleyes:

Oh... and Kevin, it Coffeegeek, thank you :wink:

Brauma
11-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah I know you were just giving me a hard time. We call it Sport Farkin.

And remember - Ive had your coffee. You roast a dam fine bean!

scottm4300
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Sad news: My local grocery store has stopped carrying the JD Maple fatties.

Happy News: Thanks to this thread, I drove 15 miles to the nearest super Walmart and bought 2 cases of maple fatties

Question: My local grocery is now carrying Jimmy Dean "Seriously Bold" and "Seriously Hot" Bold Country fatties. Any of you guys tried these?

Ron_L
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I tries the Seriously Bold and wasn't impressed. The flavor was stronger, but not by much.

Bigmista
11-21-2005, 06:10 PM
For the California folx, Food4Less has Farmer John 12 oz. fatties for 98 cents. I'm stocking up...

thillin
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Question: My local grocery is now carrying Jimmy Dean "Seriously Bold" and "Seriously Hot" Bold Country fatties. Any of you guys tried these?

Seriously Bold wasn't worth a 2nd try to me, and it's not a pounder either.

Ty