PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Tony Chachere's Injections?

Jeff_in_KC
11-10-2005, 07:59 AM
I've been looking all over trying to locate Tony C's injections but all I can find is the dry spices you sprinkle on food. I realize most areas have only regional grocery stores but do any of you have trouble locating this stuff? I'm looking for the Creole Butter injection. Thanks.

brdbbq
11-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Walmart has here pretty regular.

wsm
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Price Chopper doesn't have?

I'll be in KC (Leawood) for Thanksgiving - I can get the stuff in the local supermarket in St L - want me to bring you a bottle or two?

qman
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Pretty common in most stores around here. Publix, Winn-Dixie, Wal-Mart, Target all carry it.

midnight
11-10-2005, 08:17 AM
My local Cabelas sporting good store has them. Also check out there web site
http://www.tonychachere.com/store/

Kevin
11-10-2005, 08:17 AM
From the website:

http://www.tonychachere.com/

Where can I find your products in my area?
Call 1-800-551-9066 for your FREE catalog and a listing of stores in your area.

thillin
11-10-2005, 09:11 AM
My local store has it seperate from the dry seasoning. I think it's usually by the dry baking goods like cornbread mixes. Might ask someone at the store where it would be.

Ty

Jeff_in_KC
11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Haven't tried Wal Mart or Target Super Centers. I just figured that if the more "uppity" stores didn't carry it, the general ones like Wally World wouldn't either. I'll check it out.

WSM, no, Price Chopper (the two I was at) didn't have the marinade. They only had the dry seasoning mixes. Neither did Hen House or Hy Vee or my local Dillons. I appreciate the offer but by the time you'd get here, I'd already have needed the stuff so I'll keep looking. If worse comes to worst, I'll order from the Web site.

Thanks for all your replies on this.

brdbbq
11-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Don't think Tony C's is a Neiman Marcus kind of thing. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Trout_man22
11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Jeff,

Around here they move it next to the fryers and next to the turkeys/10gal oil boxes this time of year. I wounder why?

BBQchef33
11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
its no where to be found here on Long Island... I get it from the web.

Jeff_in_KC
11-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Well guys, I struck out! The boss is in Wichita today so I took a really long lunch. Checked about six different places and no luck. The meat department guy at one place told me I could get the same results by melting a couple sticks of butter and dissolving a teaspon or so of the Tony C dry stuff in and injecting that. What do you think? I've never had this stuff in the marinade format so I have no clue how spicy it is supposed to be. Any suggestions?

The good news is... as part of that extra long lunch, I snuck home and cooked up a crock pot of my brisket chili, set the table and pulled out the Fritos and hot bean dip. All I need when we get home is a cold beer and some shredded cheese! Mmmm!!!

roknrandy
11-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Walmart has here pretty regular.

What he said, Ours always has a shelf full.

rbinms33
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Jeff.....as a last resort, you could order it online but our Bass Pro Shop carries a ton of the Tony C stuff. Do you have one in your area?

Jeff_in_KC
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Jeff.....as a last resort, you could order it online but our Bass Pro Shop carries a ton of the Tony C stuff. Do you have one in your area?

Not unless I go to Columbia or Springfield. The big Bass Pro in the KC area won't be open for a couple of years I think. Seems they're having fun moving dirt back and forth instead of building anything yet...

Solidkick
11-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Not unless I go to Columbia or Springfield. The big Bass Pro in the KC area won't be open for a couple of years I think. Seems they're having fun moving dirt back and forth instead of building anything yet...

Though we sell many Tony C's products, we don't sell the injections. We sell Uncle Buck and Cajun Injector brands of injections.

brdbbq
11-10-2005, 06:46 PM
That Uncle Buck's is good chit as well

Jeff_in_KC
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Though we sell many Tony C's products, we don't sell the injections. We sell Uncle Buck and Cajun Injector brands of injections.

WHEW! Thanks for speaking up on this, Kick! I would have hated to jump in the car and head towards Columbia only to find out BPS there doesn't have it!

I'm thinking I'm gonna try making my own with real butter and Tony C's dry Creole seasoning and see what happens. Just don't want to over-do it on the Creole stuff. It's a bit spicy for some folks, my wife included.

Mel
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
its no where to be found here on Long Island... I get it from the web.

Try
Pepperheads Hot sauces
Harbor Square mall
134 Main Street
Port Jefferson NY 11777

they also have a web site---- www.pepperheads-hotsauces.com

nmayeux
11-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Jeff, if you do not have the time, order the marinade online. However, if you have the time, make your own. I personally like my Italian dressing based marinade (strained of course!), but anything butter based would probably taste better than the canned stuff. My brother-in-law and I fry several turkeys over the holidays, and we haven't used the canned stuff for several years. Just my $0.02.

Jeff_in_KC
11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I think I'll do that, Noah. I'm just not sure how spicy the stuff you can buy pre-made actually is. I don't want to pi$$ off my wife by making the Thanksgiving bird too spicy for her and the rest of the family. I'll probably play around with it this weekend (if the danged thing thaws out in time!!!) and go from there.

nmayeux
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Jeff,
Its not real spicy, it is more sweet and buttery. Actually, when you open the jar, it kind of has a weird sweet smell that turns a lot of people off. But the flavors change during cooking.

Jeff_in_KC
11-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks Noah! I'll be sure to go light on the dry seasoning in the melted butter! It packs a bit of a kick!