PDA

View Full Version : BEEF Sirloin tip roast.

willbird
08-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Thinking about doing it about like this thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139518

Wife is not a rare meat eater so that is a consideration.

Is there any benefit to say a coca-cola marinade overnight ?? Pardon my mis step if that is a dumb question :-).

Bill

El Ropo
08-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Must be a "ghost post", can't see a farkin thing.

willbird
08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
That's weird it opens up for me

This is the title of the thread

Lang smoker - My first sirloin tip roast - Step by step how to - amazing results!

boatnut
08-25-2012, 09:31 PM
personally, I would NOT cook it like one would a brisket. I would probably take to medium rare then reverse sear. you can always feed her the end cuts that would be more well done. Just my 2 cents :)

willbird
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Well I did not take the link to be EXACTLY like doing a brisket :-). And the store will have more :-)...can try other ways another time :-)...Tri-Tip is nonexistant @ retail here as far as I can tell :-).

I'm never 100% sure of what to do, when and why...if I AM usually I turn out to be dead wrong :-).

Twelvegaugepump
08-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Cooked 50 lbs of this to 115 degrees, then let cool, shaved, and tehran warmed through in hot beef broth and rub and made sandwiches. They were awesome. Meat was tender but colored so you could tell it was rare due to broth.

willbird
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Cooked 50 lbs of this to 115 degrees, then let cool, shaved, and tehran warmed through in hot beef broth and rub and made sandwiches. They were awesome. Meat was tender but colored so you could tell it was rare due to broth.

Pink meat does not scare ME by any means :-).

Bill

willbird
08-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Here is the finished result, meat was very tender. Went 2 hours naked, 2 hours in the roaster. IT was 143 after the naked cook, 203 after the roaster portion. I used a rub recipe I found on the web, had salt, pepper, oregeno, cayanne, chili powder, garlic powder...all I can say about the rub is "yuck", but the meat was good :-).

http://i.imgur.com/wtc88.jpg