PDA

View Full Version : Jack "Team Members" Question

Brew-B-Q
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
The paperwork for the draw states that you can only submit team members that cook with the team on a regular basis or something like that. I only have one other person that ever cooks with me, and he is best man in a wedding the weekend of the Jack. I don't want to cause any trouble, but I know cooking and running boxes in the crowd by myself won't work. Do I need to list team members to help me run boxes, etc? Or can I just have some visitors help with that, even if they are not on my official entry? Based on the rules, putting someone else on would be a violation since they don't cook with me. I know I have a small shot at getting in and probably not worth worrying about, but just curious how other teams handle it.

dmprantz
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Based on my experience, any one you want can run a box for you. He does not need to be a team member to do that.

dmp

SCSmoke
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I would put Dan's name down. You never know....some men wisen up and run from the alter. :ballchain:
I think they just want to make sure that you aren't going to have some other pitmaster who doesn't normally cook with you come in as a ringer.

Fatback Joe
08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Last year I used "unlisted" runners without an issue........and will again this year.

JD McGee
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Last year we used my Brother and Nephew as runners...no problem. My wife and I are the only team members and we do our own cooking. There are teams that bring in non-team members to cook with them at the Jack...it's not per the rules...but they do anyway. Let your conscience be your guide...:decision: Good luck...but better yet...have fun! :razz:

Bbq Bubba
08-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I volunteer to run boxes for teams in return for bbq and shots. No worries. :)