PDA

View Full Version : Two sweet gifts

Jethro1
08-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Un opened, new in box, Brinkman/Bass Pro Shop smoker. This thing had had no bottom and was impossible to even try and maintain temp. I was getting the wind from the lake also. The "charcoal box" was basically the bottom of a pot with one little hole drilled out of the bottom. I made more holes. Also came with a SWEET thermostat (hence the Maverick's). I did have to pass on using the complementary wood chunks that were covered in mold. :shock: I just fired 'er up and went for it. Chicken came out pretty good despite. Also was given a "hardly ever used" Smokey Joe from '84. I guess in laws aren't all bad. :wacko:

deguerre
08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Nice! Ah, the ol' ECB. A real PITA but you can make some dang good food on one.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=69003&stc=1&d=1344258633

BTW...cars or bikes or both?:becky:

Jethro1
08-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Mostly bikes. I work @ a Triumph shop. Have had old and new. Great machines. Cars are very cool though.

Mdboatbum
08-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if there's any way to use the body and dome of the Brinkmann, and the bowl of the Smokey Joe together? I know the Brinkmann is 15.5 inches, but it's pretty close. Might be something to think about. Could be a whole new thing, the ECWSM.