PDA

View Full Version : Rib Score

whitelightnin92
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Having a guys night tomorrow and I decided I wanted to cook ribs for everyone. I headed over the my local grocery store to check out their rib prices. I usually buy them from a butcher shop, but it was too early for them to be open and I was in a hurry. I was wandering in the meat isle and I found their St. Louis trimmed ribs for $4.79 lb! That's an outragoues price out here. From the butcher I can usually get them for about $2.50. I started looking around a little more and discover a little further down some spare ribs in cryovac. Generally when I see ribs in a cryovac I assume they are enhanced and keep on walking. I decided to take a closer look and discovered that they are 100% Natural ribs. But the price didn't seem right. They were marked between $18 and $20. Seemed really steep for a rack of ribs. Then I start looking closer and each pack has two racks in them. They were only $1.79lb. Needless to say I loaded up. I got them home and learned really quick how to trim them into a St. Louis cut. They definetly aren't pretty, but not too shabby for my first attempt. On the plus side, I ended up with a gallon sized ziplock bag full of the extra rib meat. I froze it, and now I'm on the lookout for good ideas. The ribs are rubbed and getting ready for dinner tomorrow night. I was pretty happy with that score, I from now on, every time I'm there I'm going to grab one and build up a nice freezer full of ribs.

NASTY
07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Nice score

IamMadMan
07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Way to go....

fatcliff77
07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!:-P