PDA

View Full Version : tuesday night pizza pr0n

mountaineermike
07-24-2012, 11:00 PM
So I am at home this evening by myself, the kids are in bed and im looking for dinner. I just so had all the ingredients to throw together a bbq chicken pizza. I love making pizzas on the char griller akorn, and it does an awesome job cooking them. I lit about 3/4's chimney of leftover lump and threw it on after it was ready and also threw on a chunk of mesquite for some southwestern flavor. I recently read a suggestion about using two pizza stones when cooking a pizza, one under the pie, and one above it to provide radiant heat from the top. Thought this was an interesting idea and had to try it out.

For the pizza, I used a pillsbury artisan pizza crust. I haven't gotten into making my own dough yet, but will soon. I prebaked the crust for a few minutes to help make it extra crispy. Pulled it out and I put down a few slices of thin provolone and then spread out the bbq sauce. I used the iQue bbq sauce I made last weekend. Sprinkled on the mozzarella and then added the shaved chicken breast, roma tomatoes, and red onions. Drizzled a little more sauce on and gave a dusting of my pork rub. When the stone reached about 500f I threw it on and let it cook for about 8 minutes. The pie turned out great and I washed it down with a cold Stella or two. I may have even saved a slice for the wife to enjoy when she gets home

cowgirl
07-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Looks great!!