PDA

View Full Version : Wings and Pork Shots (a little pr0n)

Subzerogriller
07-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Awhile back, I saw a post from Sqwib regarding "pork shots." They sounded fantastic, and even though I couldn't remember exactly how he made them, I decided to give it a shot today while I was making some wings.

For the wings, I used Plowboys Yardbird rub. I used Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry for the pork shots. I loaded about half a ring of KB in the WSM, along with a couple of small chunks of pecan, and used about 20 coals for the minion method. Threw the pork shots and the wings on at the same time, at about 250*. At about the 1 hr. 45 min. mark, I pulled the pork shots off, tossed them in Three Little Pigs All Purpose Kansas City BBQ sauce, and threw them back on the cooker. At the same time, I pulled the wings off the WSM, sauced them (using the same sauce), and put them on the kettle over direct heat (I already had the kettle going to cook some baby carrots with butter and brown sugar). I let the wings go for about 5 minutes, flipped, 5 more minutes, then pulled. The pork shots got pulled after being on for about 20-30 minutes after saucing. The finished result is below. As my wife would say, not exactly a "pretty plate," but the flavors were FANTASTIC, and the texture was perfect on all three items. I wish I'd taken pictures of the whole process, but I had a 5 year old poking the bear the whole time and was a bit distracted.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae174/jayceepage/Brethren%20Pron/20120720_192357.jpg

heatseeker
07-21-2012, 12:07 AM
the only thing that matters in the end is how it tasted going down...nice job bro!

BobM
07-21-2012, 01:08 AM
I gotta try pork shots! Nice cook!

NorCalQue
07-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Yum! I think I could kill a small bucket (say 3 gallon) of those wings.

Now I need to look up the "pork shots" recipe. I thought they were bacon wrapped scallops at first (1/2 cook the bacon first) which are also tasty.

I think this site will aid me gaining back the 20lbs. I lost from the pneumonia diet. I just want to spend them wisely. :biggrin1:

fingerlickin'
07-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Beautiful plate right there. :thumb: