PDA

View Full Version : Decent CL score- NIB SSP lid/kettle/ash pan+ $50

charrederhead
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
As previously posted, I received a free lid replacement for my SSP on Saturday, but was slightly bummed cuz it was the "new" lid w/o therm. holder under handle. While scanning (always always always never stop) CL that same night, found a dream-come-true listing- a still-in-box SSP lid, kettle, and ash catcher w/ handle and ring, for $50.

A simple 175-mi trip to eastern PA, thru the scenic Delaware Water Gap, to find the prize. :clap2:

Ron_L
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
OK... I'm acronym challenged today... What's an SSP?

Bluesman
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Stainless Steel Performer. And how about some pics. I like drewling

charrederhead
07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Stainless Steel Performer. And how about some pics. I like drewling

Had no luck in my 1st pic-post attempt the other day. Will try again tonight.

flem0061
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Are these parts available just as a kit or separately too? I need to one-touch sweeper and ash catcher mounting bracket and Weber just told me I'd need to order everything that would cost north of $200.

charrederhead
07-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Are these parts available just as a kit or separately too? I need to one-touch sweeper and ash catcher mounting bracket and Weber just told me I'd need to order everything that would cost north of $200.

Flem- I'm not sure what the difference is between pre/post 2000 SSP sweepers. Anyone know?

The Weber site sells 22.5" sweepers for $15 on its site. Amazon/CL/EBAY may work. Good luck. For $200, you may be able to find 2 nearly-new SSPs in due time! Good luck.

charrederhead
07-17-2012, 06:01 PM
here's the black-soon-to-be-beauty

caliking
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM

That just sounds goofy. You might have to have to talk to another CS rep. I know there is one guy there (not naming names) who twice now has quoted off the chart prices to me for parts, but I called back and someone more knowledgeable looked it up the right way and gave me a reasonable price quote.

What parts exactly are you looking for? An ash sweeper thingy is $12-15 + shipping I believe and available from Amazon etc. If you need just the ash catcher bar for an older performer, you can make one from aluminium bar stock from HD/Lowes. I had to make one for mine, and it works well so far. See it here: http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9040039023/m/6241057706/p/1

[Sorry if I hijacked... just trying to help a brother out]