PDA

View Full Version : Farkin Confused....

Yakfishingfool
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Hope I used that correctly :)

Anyhoo...I'm reading and reading, then go out to the net and nllok for stuff and I must be an alien casue I can;t find anything!!!

Nu temp...where is the web site with the remote temp control. The one i have stinks.

New Braunfel....academy shoes a super duper longhorn deluxe...blah blah blah, but I can't find the current NB, only stuff form 2003.

Also do you guys have a page for the anacronyms you all use...soem of it is a bit confusing...a fatty??? Sausage? there are others.

Also...anyone here from the hudson valley area? Scott

Kevin
10-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Scott, hope this helps.

Fatty definition and other terms:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2

Nu-Temp:
http://www.nu-temp.com/

Can't help with Academy. That's a southern chain I'm not familiar with.

chad
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the nightmare! :eek:

Finding manufacturer's info is a challenge and the sites change, disappear, or are not updated frequently. The New Braunfel's line is now manufactured by Charbroil. www.Charbroil.com (http://www.charbroil.com/)

As you may have noticed, getting a concensus on this forum is like trying to herd cats! It isn't going to happen. :-D

Fatties are indeed bulk sausage - the "original" was Jimmy Dean but any brand or even "homemade" are quite acceptable.

ABT - atomic buffalo turds - stuffed jalapenos

Armadillo eggs - sausage formed into a large egg shaped mass and stuffed with an ABT

K - Kingsford briquettes

WSM - Weber Smoky Mountain bullet cooker

ECB - el cheapo Brinkmann cooker - ie. the Gourmet or H20 model or other similar models.

Mary - Phil, Poobah, the site founder

and on and on and on....:twisted:

Admin edit: To correct Brinkman reference to charbroil.

Bill-Chicago
10-13-2005, 01:10 PM
WTF is What the F***

KYDITDG is Knock your dick in the dirt good

MOAB is Phils Giant Smoker, and Brians Girlfriend, interchangeably.

Kapnini is a barbecue stuffed bread pie

brdbbq
10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Now I'm confused why did Mary steal my girlfriends name ?

Yakfishingfool
10-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys, I'm learning. Just remembered that there is a small buffalo farm here in the Kingston NY area....hmmmmm...maybe some buffalo chips to cook with ;)

Arlin_MacRae
10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys, I'm learning. Just remembered that there is a small buffalo farm here in the Kingston NY area....hmmmmm...maybe some buffalo chips to cook with ;)

Preheated or...? ;)

Bill-Chicago
10-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, Colorado Brisket is SPAM

Yakfishingfool
10-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh no, stuffed in jalapeno's....mmmmmmm

Bill-Chicago
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh no, stuffed in jalapeno's....mmmmmmm

Oh crap, another SPAMmer!! :evil:

Arlin_MacRae
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Who Let That Guy In Here???? :d

Yakfishingfool
10-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Actually....I hate to admit it, but I used to have a slight pention for spam that was grilled and served on a hamburger bun. Now it;s not my latest ribs, but it had a reall stick to your ribs filling feeling. Scott

By the by....love vienna sauges too.....guess they'd be baby fatties????

icemn62
10-13-2005, 04:32 PM
By the by....love vienna sauges too.....guess they'd be baby fatties????

Have not eaten those since my army days, in the field when the messhall truck got lost with dinner.

Kevin
10-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Puppy Peters=breakfast links

Bigdog
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
YFF,
If you are still confused, I'll send you one of my infamous decoder rings. :biggrin:

Ron_L
10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
YFF,
If you are still confused, I'll send you one of my infamous decoder rings. :biggrin:

Decoder Ring setting 13F: He's going to send you a Ring Pop and tell you to go suck it... :eek: :grin: :-D