PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Chicken. (Split from Comp.)

Sawdustguy
10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
It's 11:00 and my mouth is beginning to water. A pulled chicken sandwich would go nice about now.

jt
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
BTW, love pulled chicken, well sauced, on a soft bun.....
This is how I do it at home. Beer Can Chicken, peel the skin and pull the meat. Awesome.

jt
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Headed out for my 5th cup of coffee now...

Bill-Chicago
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
This is how I do it at home. Beer Can Chicken, peel the skin and pull the meat. Awesome.

I prefer a jamaican "jerk" style sauce, but that might be to spicy for a turn in box

BBQchef33
10-12-2005, 10:34 AM
I use Famous Daves Sweet and Zesty usually, but last one was Spicewines Hot and sweet..

I got some chicken leftover from the weekend.. I aint waitin for dinner, I'm making me one for lunch. !!!

Bill-Chicago
10-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Good split, I was hoping this would end up here, cuz I don't think we talked about this one in a while

JT, do you default to just adding BBQ sauce to your pull BCC's?

I have started to actually add spices to them after pulling, kinda the reverse order of how we normally rub, then cook.

Lots of experimenting lately when doing a Beer Bird

Bill-Chicago
10-12-2005, 10:37 AM
I use Famous Daves Sweet and Zesty usually, but last one was Spicewines Hot and sweet..

I got some chicken leftover from the weekend.. I aint waitin for dinner, I'm making me one for lunch. !!!

Have you ever added jerk type spices, then served sauce on the side?

Kevin
10-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I prefer a jamaican "jerk" style sauce, but that might be to spicy for a turn in box

Picked up a bottle of Jamaican Pineapple Salsa last week.

http://www.painisgood.com/pain.asp?sizzle=235 Brand is "Pain is good"

Gonna have to try it on pulled chicken.

BBQchef33
10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I dont usually sauce a beer can chciken. There is so much juice when puling that i just add more dry rub and then put some sauce on the bun if I want. But the plain ole Roasted chickens that sometimes dry out a little, or have leftovers, I alwyas sauce up first.. or even just add chicken gravy and serve open faced.

Dont have any jerk spices.. but got a few jerk sauces i'll try it with.

Bill-Chicago
10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Back when I was a sinner, I use to eat that tub o crap Lloyd's brand and thought it was good.

Thank god I got wood

icemn62
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Why are you torturing me this early in the AM. About to go to a staff meeting, and the only thing I am going to be thinking about is pulled chicken. thanks for helping me concentrate.

Can not wait for lunch.

BBQchef33
10-12-2005, 11:32 AM
At least your making it to your meeting. I cant get off the damn board. !!!

jt
10-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Good split, I was hoping this would end up here, cuz I don't think we talked about this one in a while

JT, do you default to just adding BBQ sauce to your pull BCC's?

I have started to actually add spices to them after pulling, kinda the reverse order of how we normally rub, then cook.

Lots of experimenting lately when doing a Beer Bird
I've rubbed 'em a couple ways. Wife's favorite is actually my brisket rub and then we may or may not use a sauce on it. My favorite is to inject 'em with Tony C's Butter Jalapeno and then rub 'em with Tony C's.

I am absolutely starving now...

dxesmkr
10-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I sometimes fine chop the skin(off the breasts) and mix in with the pulled chicken.Kinda like bark off pork.When I pull chicken I always use whole chicken.Seems to be alot juicier.

A good americanized jerk sauce is KC Masterpiece.It did pretty well in competition for us a few years back.Then it just played out.But, its great on chicken.Not to good on other meat(IMHO).Not real spicy hot.Which is good.That way you can adjust the heat to your liking.

Willy T.

rbinms33
10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Back when I was a sinner, I use to eat that tub o crap Lloyd's brand and thought it was good.

It's a good thing we found you when we did......or you found us.....or ya'll found me.....or we found each other.....it's late on a Thursday and I'm getting confused....time to go home.