PDA

View Full Version : Murfreesboro TN

Trout_man22
10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Okay fair warring to all you brothers out in Murfreesboro I will be there for a week so lock up you dogs and hide the cats. :-P Anyone that may have time to get a beer or four PM me and let me know.

Bill-Chicago
10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Um, when you coming to Paletine?

Trout_man22
10-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Um, when you coming to Paletine?

I was there I honked and waved at you :mrgreen: but you didn't see me:frown:.

It was a three hour tour, a three hour tour, the weather starting getting..... well you know the story

icemn62
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
:-P Anyone that may have time to get a beer or four PM me and let me know.

Gotta be more specific than this I think almost everybody here has time for a beer or four.:-D

Bill-Chicago
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
I was there I honked and waved at you :mrgreen: but you didn't see me:frown:.

It was a three hour tour, a three hour tour, the weather starting getting..... well you know the story

Um, if your coming here, little buddy, just tell me....Skipper!!

slat
10-08-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm in TN this weekend judging, but a little bit away from there. Be happy to have one with you if I was closer.

Trout_man22
10-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Won't be in tell Sunday night and leaveing Friday

Trout_man22
10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Um, if your coming here, little buddy, just tell me....Skipper!!

The professor needed to fix the boat but could never make a nail... go figure :-? I am still trying to get a week there.:smile:

Trout_man22
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Well I'm back did not get out of the plant very much. The only BBQ place I was able to get to was a chain that I have been to before. Corkey's, the food was BAD. Ribs were stringy and cold, pulled pork was cold without flavor and the brisket could have been used as shoe leather. But the tea was fresh. I had been to a Corkey's in Menphis years ago it was super, the cooks here could care less about what they were making. The problem is they had a line out the door, people could not get enought of this garbage.

To our brothers in this area I'm sorry....I know that you have good Q I just did not find it.

Brandonnash
10-18-2005, 06:07 PM
just missed you man. i live in murfreesboro. there is a good place here. it's just like any other good q place...run down shack that use to be a gas station. it's called goff's. good stuff. smoky as a chimney always very tender. if you ever come back into town let me know and we'll meet up and head over that way.

Trout_man22
10-19-2005, 05:59 AM
I have a large job going on there I in and out all the time, I have ten more robots going in in a month (or two) so I will let you know. BTW I did try to find Goff's but never could seem to get anyone to admit that they even knew about BBQ down there let alone served it.

Brandonnash
10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
let me know when you get back in and at the least i can give you directions. it's horrible that goff's doesn't do more business. it's really good and most people that live here don't even know about it. there's that and a couple more places in nashville that are good.

MikeG
10-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I go to Murfreesboro 3 to 4 times a year to visit a long time friend.
Haven't missed the first week in April to turkey hunt in years. Great
town and area...enjoy your trip
Mikeg

Brandonnash
10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not a hunter, but i KNOW that this area is great for turkey. about 2 or 3 times a week i'll see between 30 and 40 of them on the side of a very busy road. i guess there's so many they have to eat along the road sometimes.

brdbbq
10-21-2005, 02:14 PM
They stay by the road cause they know they will not get shot there. Smart Farkers...................