PDA

View Full Version : Dual maiden voyage

Jethro608
07-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Well fired up 2 smokers today ole betsy (cos) & the new uds. Got 1 butt 1 fattie 1 beef roast on both. The morning was eventful to say the least.
So I fired up the cos around 630,and was rolling blue by 715 decided to use the new uds about 7 so I rolled it out for first smoke.
Little leary cause I had friends coming over and you know that feeling you get, man I hope this goes right. Igot right after I put the meat on the uds.
So I just checked myself.& boo ya. So I had a little trouble with getting up to temp but when it goot there it really impressed me . Held temp all day and cooked faster than cos and still has lots of fuel left.(char/lump/hickory). Thanks for all advise on this build
Yes it clean before we go there.
So both fatties came off just about the same time even after the 45 min delay. Am I gonna use it or not discussion I had
So far so good
Some egg & chesse,mushrooms.and a few hashbrowns. Little maple suryup.YUM
So the beef was gone before I got any pron. :what:1 left with a buddy,the other almost devoured before I got to eat. At least I cut it :D so I got some prime samples.:thumbup:
And one of butts goes with wife to work.67202
The one on the right s off the uds the right off cos both to 192. Yes I foiled today
Think that honey do might get a new IQ110:cool: so I'm keeping my maiden one, and now thanks to the wonderful site known as the brethern . I get to do another maiden run:D you can't beat a deal like that 1/2 off!!!
Now to pull and eat and seal:D let you know how it was in a while

Jethro608
07-06-2012, 10:33 PM
So the butts turned out pretty good. Not my best but tastie. I did change my recipe ,so back to drawing board. Family said it was great,but I like it spicey.
The foodsaver worked like a charm. Don't know how I got along with out it. Sure will save room in freezer for more meat:D(left overs):sly:
4 sammie snack packs--- pizza!

BobM
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Nice job!