PDA

View Full Version : Saucing Brisket

McEvoy AZ
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I recently at a comp saw someone use a finishing sauce with their brisket that looked more like a gravy then a BBQ sauce. Short of the story is that I went home and made a gravey from my brisket drippings and served to my family and it seams they did not care for it. Do comp teams usually use a finishing sauce like this and if so does anyone have a good receipe that might help wow my family as I think a gravey just makes good seance if that is what I truly saw. Maybe could it have been just a hybrid between gravy and BBQ sauce?

MilitantSquatter
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
A brown gravy would be the exception, not the norm...at least for a contest... but you're at home, so eat what you like.

Did you stick around long enough to see how well that teams brisket placed ?

McEvoy AZ
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
They are always near the top, I think that day they were close to the top as well. that is why it didn't make sense.

McEvoy AZ
07-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have a resize for this type of gravy that they use with brisket I can try?

plethoraofpinatas
07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Was it thin like an Aus Jus or thick like Thanksgiving gravy?

We reserve the drippings (fat separated) from our comp briskets and drizzle some on the meat once it is in the box. It really helps the sheen and moisture content and the flavor is excellent since it is direct from the meat.