PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Garbanzo Beans

MoyMch
06-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Need some help from the Brethren. My wife likes to roast garbanzo beans for a snack, but I find them dull without much flavor. Does anyone have a smoked recipe? Thanks.

Mike

Hankdad1
06-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't have a smoked garbanzo recipe, but I like the idea of smoked humus.

tortaboy
06-30-2012, 11:49 PM
From: http://ohboykarencooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/roasted-garbanzo-beans.html

Roasted Garbanzo Beans
1-15 oz. can garbanzo beans
2 T olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 black pepper

Preheat oven to 400° F. Rinse and drain beans in a colander. Whisk all dry ingredients. Pour olive oil into a bowl and stir in dry ingredients, mixing well. Add garbanzo beans and toss to coat. Pour beans onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Roast until beans are crispy and golden, about 30 minutes, giving the pan a shake every 10 minutes.

I've tried this one and enjoyed it. I also like just spraying the beans with olive oil pam and sprinkling with my favorite rubs. Simply Marvelous Cherry is great on these.

If you find yourself liking them, get your garbanzo's from a big box store. I think I paid $3.95 for a freaking HUGE can at a store called Smart and Final out here. MUCH cheaper than buying the small cans at the regular grocery store.

fingerlickin'
07-01-2012, 12:50 AM
From: http://ohboykarencooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/roasted-garbanzo-beans.html

Roasted Garbanzo Beans
1-15 oz. can garbanzo beans
2 T olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 black pepper

Preheat oven to 400° F. Rinse and drain beans in a colander. Whisk all dry ingredients. Pour olive oil into a bowl and stir in dry ingredients, mixing well. Add garbanzo beans and toss to coat. Pour beans onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Roast until beans are crispy and golden, about 30 minutes, giving the pan a shake every 10 minutes.

I've tried this one and enjoyed it. I also like just spraying the beans with olive oil pam and sprinkling with my favorite rubs. Simply Marvelous Cherry is great on these.

If you find yourself liking them, get your garbanzo's from a big box store. I think I paid $3.95 for a freaking HUGE can at a store called Smart and Final out here. MUCH cheaper than buying the small cans at the regular grocery store.

Sounds good, my wife's been doing insanity and has fallen in love with chickpeas. They are the same thing right?

tortaboy
07-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Sounds good, my wife's been doing insanity and has fallen in love with chickpeas. They are the same thing right?

Yep, same thing. They are a great snack.