PDA

View Full Version : Lang 60 heating problems

sunrise
06-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I have a 2 year old Lang 60, the first year all seemed well, then I moved from south Florida to California. Now there is a 60 degree differenc between the fire box end and the other end of the smoker. This past weekend, during a comp, I put in 3 of my probes, the one end read, 250, middle 280 & the end by the box 310. If I let the fire go down, there really was no change, 200, 240, 280. Any ideas, I called land and he said "fire management", but I thought I did well, and there didnt seem to be any differenc, high or low.

gtr
06-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe it thinks its a Klose? :heh: I actually like my temp differences.

Is the trailer level when you're cooking? Not sure if that's what it could be, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Any leaks?

NRA4Life
06-11-2012, 07:22 PM
You're on the other coast now. Instead of having the firebox pointing East, it needs to be pointing West.

snyper77
06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
As mentioned above, make sure she's level. I watched a video once where Ben Lang said "raise the nose of the cooker up so the heat travels upward from the firebox. I did that when I first bought the cooker.....and all the grease ran downhill, toward the firebox, and caught on fire every time I opened the door.
Now, I keep her level. Regarding your temps, I'd be willing to bet mine does the same thing, probably 40 degrees diff from end to end (I have a 1 year old Lang 60). I can't imagine a Lang 60, 84, etc. being only a few degrees diff from end to end. It naturally should be much hotter nearest the heat source.