PDA

View Full Version : Parillada

fivelombardis
09-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I know this isn't EXACTLY Qin'. BUT have any of y'all ever made what is called a Parillada? It's something that was started in Mexico. If you have a dutch oven or large "griddle" with about a 1-2" lip on it; you can place it over an open fire and heat it up. you then add bacon, just before its done, you add some thin sliced beef, and when that is halfway done, you add some boneless chicken pieces. Once all of those things are almost done, you add some jalapenos,(or bell pepper if you don't like it too hot), and some onions.

Once all the flavors meld, just heat up some tortillas (corn or flour) and have at it. this recipe is EXCELLENT at a tailgate party.

I guess I've had a hankering for grillin something recently. I think i'll do this next weekend. I usually use a "wok" looking cast iron pan...i've had my eye out for a LARGE griddle with about a 1-2" lip...anyone know where to get one? Academy doesn't carry anything big enough.

qman
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I know this isn't EXACTLY Qin'. BUT have any of y'all ever made what is called a Parillada? It's something that was started in Mexico. If you have a dutch oven or large "griddle" with about a 1-2" lip on it; you can place it over an open fire and heat it up. you then add bacon, just before its done, you add some thin sliced beef, and when that is halfway done, you add some boneless chicken pieces. Once all of those things are almost done, you add some jalapenos,(or bell pepper if you don't like it too hot), and some onions.

Once all the flavors meld, just heat up some tortillas (corn or flour) and have at it. this recipe is EXCELLENT at a tailgate party.

I guess I've had a hankering for grillin something recently. I think i'll do this next weekend. I usually use a "wok" looking cast iron pan...i've had my eye out for a LARGE griddle with about a 1-2" lip...anyone know where to get one? Academy doesn't carry anything big enough.

It ain't q'ueing but it is outdoor cooking so I guess it's ok to talk about here.

Si, we have done this before, it's great. I have an 18 inch cast iron skillet I inherited from my mom, it just fits on the 22 inch webber with a little room for the air to circulate around it.
I add sliced purple onion and bell pepper, save the japs for garnish, since I sometimes feed wimps. Good stuff. I usually can't resist throwing a little cumin and lime juice on the beef and chicken before it goes in the pan.

The_Kapn
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Excellent post for Q-talk!
All kinds of cooking welcome in this section:wink:

Sounds kinda like a Fahita (sp?)--am I reading it right?

Thanks,

TIM

rookiedad
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
this sounds great. i would melt some montery jack and cheddar on all that meat just to hold it together.
phil

Ron_L
09-18-2005, 09:33 PM
That sounds good! I'll have to try that!

qman
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Excellent post for Q-talk!
All kinds of cooking welcome in this section:wink:

Sounds kinda like a Fahita (sp?)--am I reading it right?

Thanks,

TIM
Yeah, it is similar to a fajita. Don't have to use skirt steak though.

elvis67
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I 've seen large disc blades used like a wok heated with a propane burner. Dont have one myself but thought would be cool to have.

dapittboss
09-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Dang that sounds awesome. I love stuff like that, and throwing on some cheese sounds good, too.