PDA

View Full Version : Throwing away $$

badger
09-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I went to Costco last night to stock up on meat to smoke and grill. I get home and the first thing I do is put all the meat away to not forget and leave it out. The wife even asked if I put all the meat away.......

As usual with my farked up memory I left a package of pork country style ribs (Mother-in-laws favorite) on top of the oven all night. I noticed the bag on the stove this morning and was pissed. It was only $13 for it but now I need to go back to Costco today cause my mother-in-law wanted them smoked tomorrow.

You would think this dumb ass would learn after doing this over and over again. :roll: :oops:

chad
09-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Bummer!

That's right up there with spilling your beer or dropping the bottle of Crown! :razz:

icemn62
09-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Bummer!

That's right up there with spilling your beer or dropping the bottle of Crown!

:cry: Did that once in a way. Made a great pot of chilli, and nobody put it away after dinner. Found it in the AM, and realized that was wasted money. Did not cost alot to make, but the time invested could not be repayed. At least you can go back to Costo today and pick up more.

badger
09-17-2005, 03:31 PM
:cry: Did that once in a way. Made a great pot of chilli, and nobody put it away after dinner. Found it in the AM, and realized that was wasted money. Did not cost alot to make, but the time invested could not be repayed. At least you can go back to Costo today and pick up more.
True, I guess it's not that bad since I did not spend a ton of time smoking it and then leaving it out.

Sawdustguy
09-17-2005, 03:52 PM
John,

Don't feel badly. This is a medical condition called CRS (Can't Remember Shi(r)t). I have had this condition for a long time also. The only way it can be treated is with lot's of good Q and copius amounts of your favorite beer. Please feel free to have some ribs, a few beers and call me in the morning. :mrgreen:

badger
09-17-2005, 03:58 PM
John,

Don't feel badly. This is a medical condition called CRS (Can't Remember Shi(r)t). I have had this condition for a long time also. The only way it can be treated is with lot's of good Q and copius amounts of your favorite beer. Please feel free to have some ribs, a few beers and call me in the morning. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:

Explain to me again how beer helps this condition?? :lol: :lol:

kcquer
09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
:lol: :lol:

Explain to me again how beer helps this condition?? :lol: :lol:

John, it doesn't help it, it just makes you not worry about it!

Bigdog
09-17-2005, 05:45 PM
True, I guess it's not that bad since I did not spend a ton of time smoking it and then leaving it out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you left some smoked pork ribs out all night, they would probably still be ok to eat the next morning if you heated them up past 160. Smoking is a natural preservative.

tigger
09-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Left some steaks on the boat trailer tounge on a Sunday evening, well took the trash out around Thursday. Garage had an odor that was hard to explain but I just thought it was the trash.....Saturday morning go to hook the boat up and boy was I surpirised. The contents in the plastic was moving, have never been able to remove that vision from my brain.

icemn62
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
John,

Can I call in sick to work on Monday with this disease. Who cares, I will probally forget to call in anyway. :roll:

BBQchef33
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
i was going to comment on this, but i forgot what I was gonna say. :-?

8)

Kevin
09-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Had CRS for years, or was in days?

Bill-Chicago
09-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Paula Dean is hot

Trout_man22
09-17-2005, 09:29 PM
When I kill a wild boar he will set out for 8 to 12 hours before I carve him up. A deer hangs for a good 12 after its guted. But let a peice of meat from the store sit on the counter over night I'll toss it just like the rest of you.

badger
09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Paula Dean is hot
I'd hit it.

YLBILL
09-17-2005, 09:54 PM
John,

Please feel free to have some ribs, a few beers and call me in the morning. :mrgreen:

So I'm supposed to feel Paula Dean's ribs for free in the morning and call for a few beers. Yea, I have advanced CRS. I smell a telethon.

Wayne
09-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I know some guys that leave the meat out all night and then cook it rare to serve to their mother-in-laws. Heck, I bet some of them even leave the meat out for several days.

qman
09-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I know some guys that leave the meat out all night and then cook it rare to serve to their mother-in-laws. Heck, I bet some of them even leave the meat out for several days.

How did you know about that? Then it turned out my MIL won't eat rare meat:evil:

smokeypig
09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Paula Dean is hot

Please! Let's not bring that up again... I thought we'd covered that long ago (click here (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8590&highlight=paula+dean)). Woman's an embarrassment to all True Southerners...

rbsnwngs
09-18-2005, 05:52 AM
it's called CRAFT
"cant remember a f***ing thing"

qman
09-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Please! Let's not bring that up again... I thought we'd covered that long ago (click here (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8590&highlight=paula+dean)). Woman's an embarrassment to all True Southerners...
Not to start the Paula Deen thing again, but I have to agree with my esteemed brother here. She IS a blot on Southern Culture.

fivelombardis
09-18-2005, 08:35 AM
I'd hit it.

can you imagine her laugh while you're hittin' it? eewwwww! you'd have to cover her mouth.

fivelombardis
09-18-2005, 08:37 AM
I went to Costco last night to stock up on meat to smoke and grill. I get home and the first thing I do is put all the meat away to not forget and leave it out. The wife even asked if I put all the meat away.......

As usual with my farked up memory I left a package of pork country style ribs (Mother-in-laws favorite) on top of the oven all night. I noticed the bag on the stove this morning and was pissed. It was only $13 for it but now I need to go back to Costco today cause my mother-in-law wanted them smoked tomorrow.

You would think this dumb ass would learn after doing this over and over again. :roll: :oops:

not that I have ever done this!!! BUT you need to take it back to Costco this morning and tell them that the meat smelled funny to you when you opened it this morning. then tell them you only want to exchange it...NOT your money back. they'll go for it.

Brauma
09-18-2005, 08:37 AM
John, feed the ribs to your cat. With any luck, you'll be out one cat.

Solidkick
09-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I'd hit it.

I think that's dapitboss' line.........

Bill-Chicago
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Not to start the Paula Deen thing again, but I have to agree with my esteemed brother here. She IS a blot on Southern Culture.

Y'all don't know dick about the South

She is a true Southern Belle

Jeff_in_KC
09-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Left some steaks on the boat trailer tounge on a Sunday evening, well took the trash out around Thursday. Garage had an odor that was hard to explain but I just thought it was the trash.....Saturday morning go to hook the boat up and boy was I surpirised. The contents in the plastic was moving, have never been able to remove that vision from my brain.

Fark, that's just perfectly aged beef! :mrgreen:

Jeff_in_KC
09-18-2005, 09:54 AM
When I kill a wild boar he will set out for 8 to 12 hours before I carve him up. A deer hangs for a good 12 after its guted. But let a peice of meat from the store sit on the counter over night I'll toss it just like the rest of you.

That's different... You still have the hide on 'em and then it's a much bigger piece of meat. If it's like here in Missouri, you don't let the deer hang unless it's like lower 40's or below! My brother-in-law in Michigan shot a deer a few years ago and thought he'd be smart and let it hang in the garage to age... well hell, it was a heated garage and probably got easily into the 60's in there. 2-3 days later, the damned thing STUNK like ass! Another thing, most folks houses inside are upper 6-'s or low 70's.

Jeff_in_KC
09-18-2005, 09:55 AM
not that I have ever done this!!! BUT you need to take it back to Costco this morning and tell them that the meat smelled funny to you when you opened it this morning. then tell them you only want to exchange it...NOT your money back. they'll go for it.

Great idea! And be sure to cool it down first!

rbinms33
09-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm the world's worst about trying to make room in the fridge for stuff and setting stuff on top of the fridge and then forgetting about it. And if I have any questions in my mind about whether it's still good or not, I chunk it. Not worth a bout of food poisoning to save a few $$$.

Never thought about this but I'd bet they'd go for it.

smokeypig
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Y'all don't know dick about the South

She is a true Southern Belle

i'll repeat my comments about Paula from a year ago...

the woman needs to just shut up and go away. gives georgians and folks from savannah a bad name with her pie hole crap.

watched 5 minutes of her "wedding". thought I was gonna barf. woman is a turd in lady's clothing....

Bill-Chicago
09-18-2005, 04:27 PM
i'll repeat my comments about Paula from a year ago...

I hate that we can't quote embedded quotes

I was funning you SP

Just glad your posting again.

Would you at least hit her once?

While she is saying earl instead of oil

Samichlaus
09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/samichlaus/hit_it_two_times.jpg

Bill-Chicago
09-18-2005, 05:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/samichlaus/hit_it_two_times.jpg'''

LMFAO

I know this guy!

icemn62
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM

From the devious chapter of the Brethren :twisted:

fivelombardis
09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
From the devious chapter of the Brethren :twisted:

i guess its time WE screwed them...instead of the other way around all the time!!!

brdbbq
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Farker has my Old Dentures.................Now I'm Pissed

Bill-Chicago
09-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Farker has my Old Dentures.................Now I'm Pissed

you still shiitin water?

fivelombardis
09-18-2005, 07:02 PM
you still shiitin water?

if he's ****tin water...maybe he can't tell the difference between being "pissed" and ****tin through a keyhole!!!

brdbbq
09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
you still shiitin water?

No just Peach Juice, Keyhole is covered with Duct Tape.