PDA

View Full Version : Which Of These Injector Needle Types Do You Prefer And Why?????

Q-Dat
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Needle A
http://img.tapatalk.com/44de3676-cf03-c157.jpg

Needle B
http://img.tapatalk.com/44de3676-cf1f-a337.jpg

Needle C
http://img.tapatalk.com/44de3676-cf42-c3f2.jpg

Thought this might make an interesting topic.

Happy Hapgood
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
This one:

http://i41.tinypic.com/vsdvfl.jpg

Q-Dat
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Thought this might make an interesting topic.

94 views and one reply later perhaps not.........:confused:

Myrdhyn
06-06-2012, 09:41 AM
My choice would be needle C, but I can't find one so I went with B as a "close enough.

deguerre
06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
94 views and one reply later perhaps not.........:confused:

Beez like dat sumtime. :becky:

I guess it depends if they're particulates in the injection or not for me.

Hoggy Style
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Needle C seems to work best for me

Ag76
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Needle B.

Jethro608
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
I like b It seems not plug as easy. & it gives enough juice with out to much . Iguess more than any other reason it is the one I've gotten used to + it fits my new injector

CarolinaQue
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it really depends on what I'm injecting. All 3 serve a purpose with the correct application.

A) Good for chicken and especially thighs. A direct needle point that can focus liquid in one small area.

B) Good for pork butt, brisket and other large cuts. The multiple large holes allows for more distribution of liquid with less work.

C) Good for things like tenderloin (pork and beef). It can send out a lot of liquid in multiple depths and directions quickly. This would work very well when you can get to a cut of meat horizontaly and in line with it's length (think inserted from the end and in the middle of a tenderloin and pushed toward the middle of it length wise).

At least, these are my opinions...YMMV!

markdtn
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I use "C" most of the time because I mostly just inject liquid with no particles. If I was injecting large particles, I would go with "A". I think "B" would be too inconsistent.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I use b. I have to clean it with a piano wire when Im done but it seems to distribute the injection well for me.

c would be to fine.

a. would also work for what I would use it for.

Sal

CarolinaQue
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I use b. I have to clean it with a piano wire when Im done but it seems to distribute the injection well for me.

c would be to fine.

a. would also work for what I would use it for.

Sal

Have you tried filling up a mason jar with hot soapy water and drawing the plunger up and extracting it out side of the jar a few or 4 times?

Then repeat the process with clean hot water to rinse it?

Do this after you wash the outside of course.

aquablue22
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I use "B" does not seem to clog as much, I used to sell them (medical version) and have a 'few' samples. It looks like that one has two holes on the side, mine has one and a hole in the point.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Have you tried filling up a mason jar with hot soapy water and drawing the plunger up and extracting it out side of the jar a few or 4 times?

Then repeat the process with clean hot water to rinse it?

Do this after you wash the outside of course.

yes and it does work, my competition blend is a little more course and the needle sometimes clogs, and between every use I really like my stuff to be super clean.

Slamdunkpro
06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
yes and it does work, my competition blend is a little more course and the needle sometimes clogs, and between every use I really like my stuff to be super clean.
Coarse???? Your injections is like chopped scrub brush in a quart of water.

but it wins:wink:

CarolinaQue
06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I use "B" does not seem to clog as much, I used to sell them (medical version) and have a 'few' samples. It looks like that one has two holes on the side, mine has one and a hole in the point.

Actually, looking at the shadow, it looks like it has 2 holes on each side for a total of 4. I agree, much less clogging with this one. Although, I've gotten in the habit of straining my injections and don't have that problem much any more.