PDA

View Full Version : Refreezing tri-tip

el_matt
06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I did more tri-tip than was needed on Sunday. Two full 'tips are left. Can I vacuum seal them and reheat? What say the Brethren?

Matt

landarc
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes

It will not be the same, but, if they were good going in, they should be good coming out. I don't care to do that, preferring to eat it without freezing and having sandwiches, chile, slices for snacks etc...

el_matt
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes

It will not be the same, but, if they were good going in, they should be good coming out...

Thank you sir. When you say it won't be the same, what do you mean? Texture, flavor, etc.? Also, how would you reheat it? Just toss it in a pot of boiling water for X amount of time?

Also, should some beef broth be tossed into the bag, prior to freezing?

Matt

El Ropo
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
If it were me, I'd break out the meat slicer and slice the roasts deli thin across the grain, then vac pack in 3 day portions. Leave one portion in the fridge and freeze the rest.

A cold tri tip sammy is a beautiful thing. Lettuce tomato and some quality cheese is my favorite way. Maybe drizzle some of your favorite (cold) sauce on the meat while building sandwich.

landarc
06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I agree with El Ropo, El Matt, I do not like the texture of reheated tri-tip from the freezer. It is not bad, just not as good as eating it fresh. I subscribe to not adding the liquid.