PDA

View Full Version : SAM's CLUB Marietta 06/02 SPOT AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

kirkg
05-30-2012, 11:36 AM
We have a possibble conflict and may not be able to compete this Friday at the the Sam's Club event in Marietta - http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series.php

Please let me know if anyone is interested in taking our spot so that we may get a refund from KCBS - otherwise, we may have to eat it! KCBS has contacted all of those on the waiting list and no luck so far.

Thanks!!!!!

Greg

kirkg
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
We have a possibble conflict and may not be able to compete this Friday at the the Sam's Club event in Marietta - http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series.php

Please let me know if anyone is interested in taking our spot so that we may get a refund from KCBS - otherwise, we may have to eat it! KCBS has contacted all of those on the waiting list and no luck so far.

Thanks!!!!!

Greg

O.K., I'll throw in a 100 bucks for entry.......that means you get into this event for 150 instead of the usual 250 :-D

Pigs on Fire
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck, Kirk. I don't know why they can't fill the Marietta contest. It seems as if it's the first in the nation to fill up, always has several teams rotate through the wait list and can only end up getting 28 teams to show up.

DawgPhan
05-31-2012, 09:40 AM
be a great chance for some new team to get their feet wet and get a discounted entry fee.

It is strange that they can't get 30 teams in Marietta each year. Dont know what to make of that.

Candy Sue
05-31-2012, 12:32 PM
O.K., I'll throw in a 100 bucks for entry.......that means you get into this event for 150 instead of the usual 250 :-D

It doesn't work this way! If you want to compete, sign up on the web site and toss your team name in the hat.

This entry is not transferrable.

kirkg
05-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Correct......new team signs up and I get the refund. I send them a 100 bucks :grin:

of course, they do have to be a current KCBS member

no one currently on the waiting list per KCBS

top*prop
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
man i am so close to doing this.................

dosvans
05-31-2012, 03:38 PM
man i am so close to doing this.................

Go for it!!!

hogzgonewild
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Come on out Top*Prop!

kirkg
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
not too late.....

Gowan
06-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Good luck, Kirk. I don't know why they can't fill the Marietta contest. It seems as if it's the first in the nation to fill up, always has several teams rotate through the wait list and can only end up getting 28 teams to show up.

Seems pretty obvious that the shine has worn off this penny.

Can't say I'm heartbroken, since they dropped Marietta on the same date as our Euharlee contest 30 miles away. Karma, anyone?

Pigs on Fire
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Gowan,

We were concerned when we saw that earlier in the year. We sure didn't want the Euharlee competition to 'go away'.

What I don't understand is having the southeast Sam's competitions (on asphalt no less) in the heat of the summer while the contests in the midwest and western states have theirs at the end of Winter.

And water.... Good grief. Would it really be that difficult to run a couple of 200' runs of garden hose to some splitters? Not even providing it at each cook site but at least getting it closer?

top*prop
06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
i tired to get others to join me in this quest but had no luck, i did my first comp solo last weekend and dont want to do that again....

kirkg
06-01-2012, 10:09 PM
i tired to get others to join me in this quest but had no luck, i did my first comp solo last weekend and dont want to do that again....

Dang top prop, we should have just teamed up..... i ate the entry. sounds like there are some shortcomings with this event anyway. Maybe thats why KCBS couldn't fill our spot seven days out with 5 teams on the waiting list!