PDA

View Full Version : Idea for BP wraped brisket

retired trucker
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I was reading all the threads about wrapping a brisket in butcher paper and had this thought.

A Brother wrote that he wrapped his in brown paper and his brisket looked really top drawer. I have looked for some butcher paper locally, but have not found any. I understand that Sam's has some, but did not see any on my last trip there.

I was at Wally World today and saw some heavy duty brown paper bags to carry your Ice Cream home in to keep it cold. :idea: :idea: They are about the thickness of three or more layers of brown paper bags. Sooo.. Do you think these might be an option for the "bagged" brisket? You might need two if your brisket is too long to fit into one. What say ye "Sultans of Brisketology"? Not sure that is a word, but what the heck. :crazy::crazy:

pitbossJB
05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Hey Retired Trucker,

I bought some giant bags at TruValue that were intended for bagging grass clippings. I just haven't used them yet. I think they will be perfect. They are ginormous!

Texas Turtle
05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
My mom used to cook our Thanksgiving turkey in a brown paper bag coated with peanut oil and tied shut with a piece of kite string. Came out perfect every time.

retired trucker
05-31-2012, 12:38 AM
My mom used to cook our Thanksgiving turkey in a brown paper bag coated with peanut oil and tied shut with a piece of kite string. Came out perfect every time.

I had forgot about the old way of cooking the turkey in a brown paper bag, before the clear "Brown N Bags" that are used now days. They always turned out just right with a gorgeous brown hue to them after coming out of the brown bags. No reason a brisket would not turn out great used the same way after the bark and smoke was set before putting them into the bag. :clap: :heh:

I will try one on my next brisket and try to post some pron of it.

mytmouz
05-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Not sure about your local Wally, but the sporting goods section of mine has the butcher paper. There is a small section for home game processing/jerky making...