PDA

View Full Version : Need Input!

motoeric
05-21-2012, 09:17 PM
As we are getting down to the final pits and pieces for issue 9, I thought that I would take a minute to ask what products would you like reviewed in the future. Any thoughts?

I'm looking for two perspectives:

1) You have a product that you love that you think other people should be aware of, like a favorite sausage brand, an amazing basting brush etc.

2) You've heard about a product and you'd like to learn more, like a rub that has been getting some acclaim or a custom grate you're considering.

We want everyone to enjoy Smoke Signals, but it is for and by the Brethren, so we'd love your feedback.

Eric

IamMadMan
05-24-2012, 06:17 AM
As we are getting down to the final pits and pieces for issue 9, I thought that I would take a minute to ask what products would you like reviewed in the future. Any thoughts?

I'm looking for two perspectives:

1) You have a product that you love that you think other people should be aware of, like a favorite sausage brand, an amazing basting brush etc.

2) You've heard about a product and you'd like to learn more, like a rub that has been getting some acclaim or a custom grate you're considering.

We want everyone to enjoy Smoke Signals, but it is for and by the Brethren, so we'd love your feedback.

Eric

Eric,

I would suggest River City Spice Company (http://www.rivercityspice.com) who makes spices and rubs for many competitors (as well as the casual cooker). Their "Razorback" rub and sauces are available in bulk at reasonable prices to fellow competitors. The owner Ray "RED" Gill is a long time "King of BBQ"

txschutte
05-27-2012, 09:05 AM
I would love to see sauce reviews for competition. Maybe some alternatives to BH.

btcg
06-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Moto,

How about a series on healthier BBQ?

Comes to mind because my wife dislikes spicey foods (she likes plain food), and I have embraced cooking in a manner that renders good results without all the sodium.

Maybe a once an issue article (maybe with a recipe?) that featured ways to get good flavor in a Big Bob Gibson manner?

Example: I've found using a little ginger to replace certain salts in recipes to work quite well as an alternative. Lots of little things like that might be interesting.