PDA

View Full Version : IQ110 cook...some issues

energyzer
05-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I know there is some learning curve to do, but here is the status. Smoking a Pastrami tonight on the drum. I have my valve at 50%, and my IQ110 set to just below 225, yet the drum, according to my maverick is 245. Light is solid green. Why so hot?

big brother smoke
05-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Where is your probe placed?

energyzer
05-21-2012, 01:20 AM

They are right next to eachother. In fact, my IQ probe is clipped onto the maverick probe clip. (the part that clips onto the grate).

Plowboy
05-21-2012, 01:22 AM

That's what she said.

Pappy
05-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Solid green light = up to temp
My maverick reads about 2 degress high. Have you checked yours? The food probe & meat probe never read the same during start up with no meat. About 5 degree different.

My IQ110 knob seems to be a little off according to my maverick 732. Set it on 225 and it might get 230.

Just have to figure out which one is correct temp.

I also damper down my top vent some or it will start to draw and increase temp on it's own.

energyzer
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Solid green light = up to temp
My maverick reads about 2 degress high. Have you checked yours? The food probe & meat probe never read the same during start up with no meat. About 5 degree different.

My IQ110 knob seems to be a little off according to my maverick 732. Set it on 225 and it might get 230.

Just have to figure out which one is correct temp.

I also damper down my top vent some or it will start to draw and increase temp on it's own.

Yeah, I've checked my Maverick in boiling water, and seems to be accurate. After seversl hours, I found that setting the IQ at 225, made the drum run around 335 average. It ran 10-15* high. Seems like it was more accurate the first time I used it. This is my second cook with it.

snook806
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I had the same issue on my first set of cooks with the Ique but I set the dampers just cracked open and problem solved....I just ran my Ique for 18 hours straight and it worked like a charm...:thumb::thumb:

energyzer
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
I had the same issue on my first set of cooks with the Ique but I set the dampers just cracked open and problem solved....I just ran my Ique for 18 hours straight and it worked like a charm...:thumb::thumb:
Was this on a UDS? I did shut the valve down to about 50%, which is what a lot of people do I guess, but it still had some issues. Also, I think a new feature they put on their units is a adjustment on the fan that blocks off how much air it takes in as well. I think it takes place of the washer they used to supply. Anyway, I have that on setting 4 I believe. The first time I used it, it ran pretty close with the valve wide open.

snook806
05-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Was this on a UDS? I did shut the valve down to about 50%, which is what a lot of people do I guess, but it still had some issues. Also, I think a new feature they put on their units is a adjustment on the fan that blocks off how much air it takes in as well. I think it takes place of the washer they used to supply. Anyway, I have that on setting 4 I believe. The first time I used it, it ran pretty close with the valve wide open.

This was on my UDS and the ique was connected to a 3/4" ball valve and it was wide open. On my UDS, I find it easier to adjust the temp. using the air damper on the lid.