PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm Boshizzle and I have a (BBQ Sauce) Drinking Problem

Boshizzle
05-19-2012, 09:24 PM
I used to work at a BBQ restaurant years ago and I saw customers come in, ask for a glass of ice, sit down, pour copious amounts of sauce into the glass and drink it. I thought it was disgusting.

Well, I was down in Chesapeake today so I stopped and picked up a fresh supply of North Carolina Scott's BBQ sauce. Tonight, I couldn't help myself. I started drinking the stuff. I don't have any meat to put it on, so I just drank a goodly amount. Once I realized what I was doing I came to my senses and at least started dipping bread in it to eat.

Man, Scott's makes some good sauce. It's just vinegar, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and some spices, but it is so freakin' good!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=5701

BTW - I don't work for nor am I in anyway connected with Scott's BBQ sauce makers. I'm just a fan of the sauce.

devious
05-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Lush :-P

criffaaa1
05-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sent via Criffvo with TT2

colonel00
05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
At least put some vodka in it :tsk:

bigabyte
05-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I've never had a glass of sauce, but when checking new sauces out I have had many sips while pondering the things to do with it.

caliking
05-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Now that you're sauced, stay out of the hot tub, coz everyone knows that boiling your meat is wrong.

Smokendink71
05-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I've made bloody mary's with my bbq sauce, good stuff, you should try it, just add enough for the flavor to the tomato sauce

Boshizzle
05-19-2012, 11:12 PM
As a matter of fact, I got hooked on Scott's BBQ sauce when I worked at the BBQ restaurant in VA. The restaurant had a sweetish, vinegar/tomato based sauce but there was one fellow that made deliveries in a route that ran from NC to VA. He would stop by during every trip and eat some BBQ at our place. He used to bring in the Scott's BBQ sauce because he preferred it to our sweeter sauce and the restaurant owner used to hide it under the counter for the guy from NC. I found it one time and caused no small stir when I pulled it out in plain view in front of customers. :laugh: Anyway, that's how I first tasted it and have been a fan of it ever since.

retired trucker
05-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Is that by chance why you are no longer employed at said emporium?
I once owned and operated an alarm company in South Texas, and of course did not have my house alarmed. Some kids broke into my garage and took some tools and fishing tackle.

My wife ask if I was going to call the police. I said Nope, it would make the headlines in the local newspaper if I did. :oops:

Boshizzle
05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the story and advice! :laugh: Actually, I resigned during my first year of college. I was in an Electrical Engineering program and my studies required my full attention.

RedPig
05-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Better be careful. Ounce for oz. costs more than liquor.

Crash
05-20-2012, 05:10 AM
I've heard amazing things about Scotts. Unfortunately, shipping was WAY more than the cost for a case. Hopefully someday I'll get to sample the awesomeness that is Scotts Barbecue Sauce.