PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's Brisket Injection Product Question

Greg60525
05-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Thinking of trying Butcher's for brisket, but have a basic question about the product.

There is the basic Butcher's brisket injection and then there's Butcher's BBQ Prime Injection for Beef.

The way I understand it is that you can mix in the Prime Dust mixture into the basic brisket injection or that you can use the BBQ Prime Injection for Beef (which, is the basic injection and the Prime Dust already mixed in).......please correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, my question is what are the drawbacks of using one over the other? I guess you can tailor the Prime Dust to brisket injection if you mix it yourself. What do most of you use? Is the ready mixed stuff too strong or weak?

Thanks,

Boshizzle
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
You are opening a can of worms here. I would suggest that you contact Butchers. That being said, I'd suggest that you experiment to see what works for you. You may or may not find that just using beef broth rather than the beef dust works just fine. You may also find that using less is as good or better than using the amounts in the directions.