PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where this goes...

Crazy Tex
05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
I thought there was a place for other things made that wasn't exactly BBQ.. and I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking to take pictures.

I took some leftover beer can chicken, and pulled it.
Then I took some diced tomatoes, a few (HOT) jalapeno slices, some onion powder, some garlic powder, a dash of salt, about a TBSP of apple cider vinegar and some water... pureed it in the blender. I boiled that for about 15 minutes... and put the chicken in a skillet and poured some of the sauce over it, let it cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken was well warmed up (it was cold to start with) and put it on a flour tortilla with some shredded cheese.
Nothing much to it, and it was pretty tasty.. with some modifications I think it would be a regular way to use leftover chicken.. if there is any.

Any suggestions from you that have mastered the culinary arts better than I have??

tish
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
People post cooks that aren't Q here all the time. This is the right spot. And it sounds like a great way to use leftover pulled chicken. :thumb:

cowgirl
05-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Sounds great to me Matt.. I think you've already mastered the culinary arts yourself! Thanks for the recipe!:grin:

Crazy Tex
05-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks Tish. it was good.. but lacked something.. just not sure what...

Crazy Tex
05-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks Jeanie -
Speaking of recipes.. did you happen to try that sauce yet? My friends want to try it on ribs next.. I think I've created some monsters.

cowgirl
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Jeanie -
Speaking of recipes.. did you happen to try that sauce yet? My friends want to try it on ribs next.. I think I've created some monsters.

I haven't had the chance to try it yet Matt. I hope to use it on some catfish from my last camping trip. I wonder how it would taste on pork chops too... might give that a try.
I bet it would be great on ribs, if you make them, keep me posted how it goes please! :)

Thanks again!

Crazy Tex
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Wow. Yes... pork chops for sure. Mom used to make skillet fried pork chops with a vinegar based hot sauce type thing...

And when I said culinary arts... there are those on here ( including you- Tish and Jeanie) who make things that you would find in a five star restaurant. I just play with foods... occasionally I'll run across something good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2